Monday, 31 August 2026

Crumbly Green Acres

 It is Poison Oak, not poison ivy. I misspoke. 

This entire area used to be covered in it. This is the path down to the meadow. I pulled up  the vines, and sprayed some. That was a challenge. It took me years to get rid of it. Apparently I did not get it all. Those vines have been spreading. I got mad and ran over it with the lawn tractor one year. Rookie mistake! It blew up and through the engine in the air onto my chest. SIGH.

This was 2011, we moved in in 2010.


2017


Last week I got rid of a poison oak boil. I figured out where I'd gotten it from. Thursday it rained and I couldn't spray. Friday, I decided to poison the poison oak. Saturday, it was shrivelling. I won! 


I am about 3/4 the way through the  canister. I use it judiciously, boots and gloves.

I found a little Monarch caterpillar on one of Fred's milkweed in the garden. Apparently he likes it. I moved caterpigly to another plant.


Petunias!

Dinner plate hibiscus!



No comments: