Thursday, 6 August 2026

Cleaned up Crumbly Acres Garden

We had a lovely chat with Jordan in Kingston. He is working part-time at a grocery store. Things are going well. He is choosing courses for next term, major in astrophysics, and a minor in geology. He advocated for himself with course conflicts and schedules. I am so happy for him! 

Caitlin was in whipper snipper mode on the weekend! 


Aster watched a video in their solarium! 

Aug., 2022

The grandies helped me trim the Catalpa tree in 2022. That was fun! 




I was sad, in a way, to have the Catalpa removed, but it had to go down. You can see the bugs that were eating away at it. I now have to rethink this garden.

  

 Gardens evolve. I removed this evergreen, as it had begun to dominate the garden. Last week we had the nearly dead Catalpa tree removed. [Crumbly Acres Clean up on Aisle 7]




It really opens up the house.





A decent-sized millipede on the steps. A little cobweb on its head.


Also spotted, at least by ear and Merlin App, an Eastern Wood-pewee. I was surprised. I thought mating season over for them. Mind you, goldfinches have late broods. They are like a mini-flycatcher. 

 


No comments: