Thursday, 13 August 2026

Our Kingston trip!

 We planned a trip to Kingston to visit Jordan. He's living and working in Kingston. He is all signed up courses for September (astrophysics and a minor in geology). He's enjoying his work, receiving and organising goods on 6-hour shifts at a grocery store. 

This is Jordan at 18 months old, 2009. 'What happens at Grandma's stays at Grandma's' I still have this roll of tape. The little one wanted to be covered in it! I told Jordan the story about us babysitting. Momma and Papa had a wedding to go to somewhere in southern Ontario, while we were in Muskoka.

2009

In preparing for our visit, I used the tape to close the lid of the parcel. 



 What do you take a university student in student housing? A tea towel I regifted and a nail kit. Freebies from the Red Cross fundraiser. 


Also, I took 18-year-old the window crayons! 

We used those a lot. This was 2017-ish. 


Here are the kids using the window crayons!


I wrote about Papa putting in the air conditioner in their top floor apartment, left by the previous renters. It makes a huge difference on the top floor.
 

We had a great chat and talked about all sorts of things, past, present, and future!

GIFTS

Jordan's bathroom was renovated in the summer. While teeny, it has a nice, newly renovated shower. 
The next photo is the toilet paper we gifted him. When he was in residence last year, he'd run out. As with this rental, they come in weekly to clean, replenish toilet paper, etc. There was never enough. We gave him some last Christmas! Not so much a gag gift, as a necessary one.

Jordan harvested the sign on the wall behind a dumpster. Guests are invited to sign it!


A great university. There is quite a variety for student housing. There were 29,000 students for 2025/2026.  Jordan's roomie is at home for summer, but will return for university in the fall.




It really is a great city. Summer brings lots of tourists, and summer employment for the students.





mural for a spa

Tragically Hip mural




A couple of passenger tours left as we had lunch.

It was a lovely drive home.


UPDATE:
Jordan sent a photo. He's already decorated his window!


No comments: