Wednesday 21 August 2024

Milkweed, Jeremiah, and the weasel

I managed to do the front lawn while Joe was shopping. It's tricky since I had to wend my way around the Milkweed plants. They are precious.



We've one caterpillar left, that I can spot. It fell off another plant, the plant dying as it is done for the season. I'll have to check it today. This plant is right along the sidewalk. Maybe it wasn't prudent to put it right there. 

Jeremiah Bullfrog is doing well. I will have to move him to the wetland closer to freeze up. In the meantime, he is a welcome sight.

I went down to the frog pond to check things out. There is no sign of Muskrat. I don't blame them for taking off. They had too many visitors. The pond, however, benefitted from their eating up the native phragmites. Mind you, it is not open, it is covered in frog-bit. 



Butch is one visitor.

Butch Aug. 6 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The weasel was there Aug. 8 & 10th.

weasel Aug 8 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

I do hope some monarchs survive in the milkweeds.

Jeanie said...

Well done! You must be feeling much better!

RedPat said...

It sounds like you are getting your energy back.

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for preserving the milkweeds and hopefully some more precious Monarchs.

Anvilcloud said...

You are obviously feeling much better,

Cloudia said...

Bless you for taking care of the critters! Sure! Hope you both feel in Tip-Top shape very soon. Aloha

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Jenn
I am stopping by to say thank you for your kind thoughts and condolences on Eddies passing.

I do hope to get back to regular blogging soon.
In the meantime, my thanks again to you.

All the best Jan

Red said...

I see the golden rod is out there an that's an indication that fall is approaching.

Divers and Sundry said...

Milkweed is something else I can't make work on the patio. I've tried... The same with butterfly bush. I haven't even tried with goldenrod. I think I just don't have enough space. I enjoy yours vicariously :)