Tuesday 8 August 2023

Cats, doe a deer, and New Zealand

I have dug up a new header from archives. I know we've got fawns about. A contractor saw triplets not too far away. I figured I'd celebrate them as I know they are out there. 

Sunday afternoon, a doe came by for a visit.  I'd considered taking the fence down, as Clover hadn't been around. I am happy I ignored that idea.



🌧 We've had a few days of rain!  I was happy for the rain, as I have to keep resting my foot and I am strict orders to take it easy! The ankle is coming along. A little better, but I am still hobbling. It was 23 mm, nearly an inch of rain. 

The cats play hard, then rest well. Cinnamon loves his toy basket. He was trying to dig out the right toy!


 




Second Day in Wellington  The kids have returned their rental car, and were toodling around New Zealand. They found Precious! You have to be aware, if not a fan, of Lord of the Rings being filmed in New Zealand! 



The fun continued at the airport. They travelled from Wellington, New Zealand, to Melbourne, Australia over the past 24 hours. 

6 comments:

RedPat said...

We hardly got any rain after all the forecasts said we would have a deluge.

Elephant's Child said...

Hooray for happy travels.
Love the deer and am glad that you didn't take the fence down.
And also glad your ankle is improving. Jealous about the rain too.

DeniseinVA said...

Fun NZ photos and I am a big fan of Lord of the Rings. Good to see your family enjoying themselves. What a fantastic trip! Amazing photos of the deer. Your header one is stunning. Kitties are as cute as ever. Glad your ankle is on the mend. I have had many of those nasty sprains and I know how easy it is to go over again so please take good care of yourself. I wish you speedy healing.

Jeanie said...

i love your new header. What a site that had to be. And the cat pix are the best... still looking for your ankle issue. I will read on!

Christine said...

Lucky kids in New Zealand!

William Kendall said...

The cats make me smile.