Saturday 12 August 2023

Saturday's Critters

For a plant that self-seeded, the Angel's Trumpet is doing well!

Phoebe keeps coming back. I am happy to see her, fine little bug eater! No rough-legged hawks, after the wonderful visit the other day. 



With my twisted ankle (about 95% better, but fragile!), I haven't ventured down to the forest trailcams. I hope my batteries have held out! Happily, there is lots going on here. This videocam was set up to watch Fred. No sign of babies, but nesting behaviour.

Fred Aug. 3 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Butch inspected the swing bench!

butch from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

This deck gets a lot of action!

Fox on deck from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The highlight was two skunks. I could smell them a bit when I was out there. I seldom see any of the critters in the daytime, though. They know the tourists are around! 😆

 

Skunk Aug. 9 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Thanks to Eileen for hosting. Saturday's Critters # 504 


14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

What a great variety of critters, Fred the groundhog, raccoon, the fox and a skunk. It is nice of the Phoebe to take care of the bugs for you. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend! Loved seeing so many critters right there on your deck, and undereneath too!

RedPat said...

Many creatures of the night at your place.

Betty J. Crow said...

I enjoyed the videos. I had a trail cam, but for some reason it has stopped working. When my grandson comes to visit I'll get him to fix it for me. We have a lot of phoebes around here. They sure do keep our bug population down. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Jeanie said...

What beautiful photos this time, Jenn. I love that trumpet bloom.

Tom said...

...I hope that you will be at 100% soon.

Karen said...

I've had one or two skunks checking out the compost pit, but never smell them. Mr.Fox is a frequent visitor. Still haven't seen Momma and the twins.

DUTA said...

Your Header featuring a deer is uplifting!
I've enjoyed your videos with the various critters. I like Phoebe 'the bug eater', and the Angel Trumpet plant.
Glad your ankle is practically healed.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad your ankle is better and you are on the mend. The banner photo of the deer is beautiful!

Elephant's Child said...

Volunteer plants often do very well indeed. Love your Angel Trumpet - and your critters. Glad to read your ankle is improving.

Cloudia said...

Please take care of yourself! Thanks for sharing with us dear. Aloha

Cloudia said...

❤️

Shiju Sugunan said...

What a delightful window into the lively world around you!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love self-seeding flowers. Such fun to have such critter variety!