Saturday 8 July 2023

Saturday's Critters

We said goodbye to our grandies after Gramma Camp 2023. It was an epic week. Lots of heat, lots of deerflies, but we had a good time.


They are off home, and soon off to their overseas trip. Yes, I am the shortest! 

The birds continue to love the water fountain. I spotted a scarlet tanager there, but didn't have a camera!

  

The water fountain attracts a lot of birds, as well as the ones nesting around the house.

The robins are on brood #2 (3 of them), the phoebes, as well. The phoebes have 4 chicks. There is much flying back and forth going on. 




The ospreys are nesting nearby.



Fred is still active! Having built a nest, seeing them run back and forth with leaves, I imagine there are babies involved.



Fred June 30th from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Down in the forest, I've found it interesting having two cameras focused on this busy path between the wetland and the frogpond. There is extra light from the alternate camera.

coyote Jul 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


🐣They have all fledged, but remain around the house.


Last house wren from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

They are a wee bird species, but fun to watch.They have fledged, three, I think. The poor catalpa tree is a welcome roost for many. In the winter, a barred owl landed here in the dark.

It seems to be momma and porcupette!

house wren from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

 

porcupines from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

To top things off, the big bear was here! I was miffed. He missed the second trailcam on the left. Just waltzed under it, I guess. 

 

Bear July 6 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

 Saturday's Critters # 499  Thanks to Eileen for celebrating our critters!

16 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Great shot of you and your granddaughters. I wish them safe travels.
Love your Scarlet Tanagers and the baby birds are adorable.
I am still waiting to see the bear here, I think it is still coming by once in a while. Great critter captures. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. Thank you for leaving me a comment.

Olga said...

So much fun to see your pictures and especially the videos.

Tom said...

...gramma, you need a box to stand on!

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful criters, and healthy grandgirls! That is such a nice fountain to have in your yard, no wonder birds come to it. I had a bear photo too, but since I didn't take it I didn't add it to Eileen's critters. Sure wouldn't want to run into that big guy in your woods!

Linda said...

Gramma camp looks busy and fun. Love the osprey, been taking photos of the nest close by to us. Lots of other great critter photos.

RedPat said...

You must have so many young birds flying around your property.

Elephant's Child said...

I am sure that Gramma Camp was wonderful for you all - and am delighted to see more of your critters.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a neat photo of you and the grands! And that BIG bear...oh my! Enjoy your weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased Gramma Camp was a lot of fun.
Great photograph of you with your granddaughters.

Lovely selection of Saturday Critters, thank you.

All the best Jan

Red said...

I was going to tell you that you are a "shortie" but you beat me to it. Amazing how kids grow so fast.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

From the tiny birds to a big black bear, you got your own wildlife preserve going on. Something big knocked over the tripod my trailcamera is on so I don't have anything from it this week.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad Gramma camp was a big success this year. I know the girls look forward to their visits each year.

You have a TON of critters that visit you each day. That bear was unbelievable.

Anvilcloud said...

Quite a collection today.

Jeanie said...

They are beautiful girls and I love that you can enjoy Gramma camp together. That osprey -- how wonderful. And your cute groundhog!

Shiju Sugunan said...

Many beautiful pics, especially one with the granddaughters. The fountain looks amazing and undoubtedly acts as a magnet for birds.

William Kendall said...

Lots of critters around for you!