Monday 4 December 2017

It's December!

While we had snow, a couple of times, it has melted. I would prefer a nice protective cover of snow for the critters and plants. Instead, the temperatures have been up and down. Over the past week, I've been decorating for fun.
Usually, I buy potted up greenery planters, instead, I took a walk in the forest and plucked some pine and cedar branches. Daisy helped. Can you see her in the 2nd photo?! She was reluctant to come up. This is a new tree that has fallen. Happy girl.



 I found that most of the thick pine branches are at the top, where the sun shines. You can buy branches, but I found enough that it is green.



The tree was a challenge. It's on a timer that goes on at dusk and stays lit for 4 hours.


The water fountain looks better with lights. It's a large, dark backyard. The turtle helmet is on top, weighing down the plastic. I can see the lights from my bedroom, while reading in bed. It's lovely!


  The birds have been busy.

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

I need to get some pine cones and decorate too,love your hangers, and Daisy, what an adventure on the big branch.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
We don't have snow at the moment, but it's darned cold! I was able to find some fresh greenery too... it kinda makes Christmas I think. Love the fountain lights! YAM xx

Red said...

I'm impressed that you would go out and get some natural decorations.

Christine said...

Looking very Christmassy where you are, happy December!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

After reading your post, I'm thinking that maybe I do want to dress up the place with holiday colors. A drive into the country is in order to see if I might find some fallen evergreen branches.

Lowcarb team member said...

I think it looks great Jenn.
Love the colours, very Christmassy.

All the best Jan