Sunday 24 December 2017

Busy days

We haven't left the house in a couple of days. Every morning begins with cats meds: We maketh progress . Then, collecting up the firewood from the dead elms. My back isn't too, too bad, but tricky finding the newly cut wood under the snow. There was 7.5 cm of snowfall. Prior to this, I ventured down to the dock.

Here is a summer vs. winter photo. You can see where the deer walked beside the dock.


It had melted some, there were snow fleas about.


Walkies, without my faithful companion. Daisy is improving, but not enough for walkies.


Now, the snow blankets the land, hugging it, keeping it at an even temperature. There are food fights around the feeders! Can you see the house reflected in the big gold ball?


Everyday, I check the trailcams. One day, Dec. 20th,  it was a bust! It's been the usual suspects, doe, a deer, a female deer.
I changed the batteries. Neglected to insert them firmly!!!



At the end of the day, hubby did one last driveway snow blow. We rested.

8 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...very Christmas eve-y!!! Love and hugs, all!!! YAM xx

Olga said...

I'm glad to hear Daisy is doing better. I hope she learned er lesson and leaves those lights alone from now on.

carol l mckenna said...

I used to love Snow ~ not anymore ~ Your contrasting photos are beautiful ~ be happy you have your husband to share the time with ~ I am with your snowy white cat ~ want to sleep through the Holidays ~ especially if I can't get out because of the weather ~ will see in the mean time ~

Wishing you:

Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year to you,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Nancy J said...

Christmas Morning down here. Stay home, keep warm, let Daisy take each day slowly, watch your back with all that wood, JB, enjoy 2018 , and Jenn, the 26th and another birthday will be with you shortly. The very best Greetings to you both, and all the felines, have a wonderful peaceful day tomorrow, XXXX

Lowcarb team member said...

Glad that Daisy is doing better.
I always think snow looks lovely in pictures ...

Have a good Christmas

All the best Jan

Red said...

I haven't looked for snow fleas for a long time. thanks for reminding me about them.

Karen said...

So glad to hear Daisy is improving. That was a scary deal wasn't it.

William Kendall said...

All that snow is a delightful sight to see.