Saturday 4 November 2017

Turkey time

Tailcam tails!

Off I went to fetch the trailcam videos. I have extra SD Cards and I just switch them out, then bring them back to the house to process. This is what I found! The chicks have all grown. The original 13 have reduced in number... I think to 11.

Tailcam from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

As I approached the trailcam, I could see the birds off at the edge of the wetland, running from me. See if you can spot them.

turkeys from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

It appears as if they crossed the wetland, which is pretty wet with our recent rains. Sadly, I think I heard one caught by a coyote. I could hear screeching noises off in the distance. The cycle of life, and all. They are interesting birds.



Saturday's Critters with Eileen, #203!

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the first photo and video, that is a lot of turkeys. Great sighting. I have seen them move quickly, I must have spooked them. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Debbie said...

i did spot them in the video, i always enjoy your trail cams!!

i hope they don't become someone's dinner......

Rajesh said...

Beautiful birds and videos.

William Kendall said...

For whatever reason some people think they're ugly birds. I've always found them photogenic.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
What a delightful sight... YAM xx

Nancy J said...

Very busy little fellows. Trail cams, perfect for those wild life videos.

Powell River Books said...

I don't have any turkeys but I caught a messy culprit on my critter cam. Someone was digging in my empty pots and spewing dirt all over the cabin deck. I put out my camera and discovered it was our Song Sparrow. It must have been digging around for some seeds. It's hard to get mad at that cute little guy. - Margy

Olga said...

Our U.S. Thanksgiving is coming up. I guess the turkeys are better off staying in Canada right now.
That is a lot of turkeys!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Wild Turkeys have really done well since their reintroduction and they are a great feature in the avifuana of the province.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How neat to see so many! We have a flock living near by and it's always a treat to see them out and about!

Joyful said...

I enjoyed your video of the birds.