Tuesday 28 November 2017

Trip to the Dominican Republic 3: Sunday

 Sunday, Nov. 19

I woke at six thirty,  I confused my bug bite goop with toothpaste. Oops. Still not quite getting my sleep. I took  walkabout, and fetched some cappuccino.

 We only drink bottled water, or limonada, and there is lots of it around. People start on the hard stuff pretty early in the morning. I shudder. I stuck with wine, "vino blanco, por favor!" Not until afternoon, though!
There must be more staff than guests, with good service. Interesting, mellifluous names of staff.
I love these tree roots, but I bet they give groundkeepers headaches.



Originally, with two double beds and a single, the girls took turns sleeping with me or Mommy. Izzy tells me I 'snore like a man!' I lucked out and got a double bed to myself.
Up we got, in line for buffet breakfast, and off to swim, and swim, and swim, build some sand castles. We had a wet Friday, Saturday and Sunday, which didn't stop us.


Crazy-ass activity dude was dressed up as a woman, played a game with the kidlets. Some of them were afraid of him! They had activities for the kids, as well as dancing, and music all afternoon. Salsa lessons, or aerobics.


Lunch at the beach restaurant, that became a ritual, as we could scootch out to the beach, again! There were several cats there. Josee took some of photos.


Back to our room for a siesta. They'd laid out flowers, which the girls loved, too!


Back to the beach.


There are a lot of smokers here. The area around the perimeter of the lobby is the smoking area.


Josee had her hair beaded ($60) whilst I took Izzy for a bath. I knew where they were. Izzy and I found them in the trees.


Poor Caitlin, all of us had bug bites. Weirdo little bugs.


I brought drawing pads for a diary for the girls, after lunch or dinner they did some drawings.



The shell seller gave us some small shells. I sent Isabelle to give him some money ($US) for them. Caitlin talked to him in Spanish. The mid-sized shells are 15 - 20 years old. The largest one (centre front) is about 50 years old.
We liked his Canadian t-shirt!

Dinner and an early bed. We all konked out.

4 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
This is reminding me of my St Lucia trip when I was younger and slenderer... and had my hair multi-braided. It lasted three months! YAM xx

Nancy J said...

And so the day continues with sunshine, swims and meals. Love those shells.

William Kendall said...

The water looks inviting for a swim!

Anvilcloud said...

I didn't sleep at all well on our little vacay. Or last night for that matter.