Thursday 24 August 2017

More turkeys!

Turkeys in the front yard, in the side yard, in the back yard. I think there are a baker's dozen!
By the time hubby came home from volunteering at horse riding on Monday, they were back in the front and pretty much ignored him.
They were down in the meadow, as well, but I won't bother posting that one. So cute! Eating up bugs, too!
Here are the photos I took, for those who haven't time for videos, they are such characters!


turkeys side yard from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.
turkeys backyard from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

14 comments:

Out To Pasture said...

Wonderful videos, Jen. I count thirteen as well. Sure wish I had a similar flock here. Perhaps I do, but just wasn't lucky enough to spot them.

William Kendall said...

Quite a bunch of little ones! They're quite whimsical looking birds.

Red said...

I have never seen a wild turkey. There are very few of them here and they are not in this area at all.

Lowcarb team member said...

Turkeys, turkeys everywhere!

All the best Jan

Linda aka Crafty Gardener said...

Nice flock of turkeys, haven't seen ours lately.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wow that is a lot of turkeys. I love the photos and videos. The last video catching the young running out of the bushes is cool. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

carol l mckenna said...

Lots of wild turkey photos and videos ~ neat ~ thanks, ^_^

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Great video, love how they just seem to run out of the woods into the yard. Thanks for sharing,

A Colorful World said...

Wonderful post! I enjoyed seeing your turkey visitors so much!

NatureFootstep said...

I´m not that fond of turkeys. They frightened me when I was a child. Too big for me at the time.

Breathtaking said...

Hello!:) Your video clips are great. I really enjoyed seeing the wild turkeys,...the young ones are cute.

Anvilcloud said...

Thanksgiving is coming. Just sayin. :)

Gordon said...

I think that is the first time I've seen wild one wandering around someones garden.
Take care, Gordon.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That is so neat -- I think you guys are wildlife whisperers -- you seem to get more visitors than many public nature parks.