Tuesday 15 August 2017

Grandsitting 2.0: August The Birthday

Sat., Aug. 12

Poor Grampa had a list. It included balloons. He found a few other goodies.
This was the plan: Momma's birthday party. Then, all do a sleepover, and then Momma and Papa go home. Caitlin's birthday isn't until Wednesday, but this was the plan!

The girls are here for a week, again! We'll see what trouble we can get into. Grampa always says, "beer and chips all around!" He doesn't drink, and we are pretty careful about what the kids eat here, since their parents are pretty careful, as well. Birthdays don't count, of course!

I videotaped the arrival. Josephine remarked, "You got your camera fixed," but I didn't, I ordered a new one. It is fabulous!

Arrival from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

First up, birthday for Momma. The Emoji tablecloth has been joyful!


I have fond memories of watching Sesame Street with Caitlin, and the kids I took in for home day care!


In the afternoon there was a massive thunderstorm! You can hear me screaming with joy, as I finally captured lighting. I am too slow to take a photograph, I just run the camera while the storm is passing by. We had so much fun! These girls camp all through storms, they are hardy travelers!



Mommy pulled up the lightning webpage, and we watched the range of the thunder.  Isn't that cool? She found out about the site through the Ottawa CBC weatherman, @BlacksWeather .  The yellow dots are strikes, the red is a current one. The grey circle reflect the noise traveling. Momma sent me a screen capture from her phone.



My son-in-law BBQd. Bless his heart! There was thunder and lightning! Thankfully, there was a rainbow at the end!
Then, cake! And presents. I put together a book for them, from their photos in the UK! Caitlin was pleased!


Momma and Papa took off for home. Isabelle decided to go for a swim. Then, lunch. Then more hanging about. Josee decided to go for a swim. Isabelle went again. Then, we decided not to go out. Just more fun in the pool.
Next, a video. Then another swim! It was fun!

5 comments:

Olga said...

A grand event! Love the "beer and chips all around."

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Well that looked to be a mighty fine and fun b'day do!!! Fabulous effort everyone. YAM xx

DUTA said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter Caitlin!
I loved the arrival video; the all-in-red grandaughter was very cute! The two girls should each have a little suitcase with handle (trolley), not carry things in their little hands.

Red said...

You guys have very serious birthday parties...all the trimmings and more.

William Kendall said...

I've always liked watching storms.