Wednesday 16 August 2017

Grandsitting 2.1: Sunday

Sunday, Aug. 13, Day 2

Momma and Papa went home prior to lunch.
Josephine was reading in the basement.  Josee is a voracious reader. That's something she got from me! Ok, honestly, her momma taught herself to read at age 3, through Sesame Street. Seriously!

Isabelle thought she would go for a swim. We had fun!
Next, ironically enough, they played school in the basement. Gramma a retired teacher!


Dorah decided to go walkies with me. The girls were avoiding the horrid mosquitoes! We have a tree fallen over in the meadow. Dorah continues to show signs of being relatively normal. I was fetching CD cards from the trailcams. (There was a Coyote! )


You'll notice I managed to do my laundry, it was hanging on the line. Izzy had 3 swims, Jos had 2.
Grampa went into town for more groceries. he phoned, asked if we wanted to go see the raptors at the Garlic Festival in Perth, but the girls were perfectly happy in the pool.
He managed two more errands, including a 'close eyes' for dessert: a cupcake each.

In the afternoon, as is tradition, we watched a video: Tomorrowland! I heartily recommend it. I'd suggested it to the kids awhile ago. Grampa and I saw it and liked it.

swimtime from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Bedtime, they read for awhile.
I went down about 9 p.m., to check on them, Grampa had headed to bed to read, too.
Izzy was asleep. Jos said to me, "She's so cute when she sleeps!" It's a touching moment.

Izzy has a can of beans and a bed buddy. The bed buddy lights up.
She wanted someone to sleep with her. Momma said "You have your sleep toy. "
"No, like a human being."
 "Oh, a human bean?" Momma fetched her a can of beans.

8 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
such good memories these girls will have... YAM xx

Red said...

Never a dull moment with kids! That's why teaching was fun!

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Jenn ... been catching up with my blog reading.
From your posts it looks as if you've all had such a fun time.
I always think it's so lovely to spend time with the grand-kids.
The fun, the love and most special memories it all brings - you just can't beat it.

All the best Jan

DeniseinVA said...

Sounds like a great time with your granddaughters. The embroidery is very cute and loved your header shot too.

Christine said...

They love it here I am sure. The pool looks so fun!

Nancy J said...

Wonderful days together.

Debbie said...

lot's of fun...it seems they are really enjoying the pool!!!

William Kendall said...

What happens at grandmas stays at grandmas is fitting!