Sunday 27 June 2010

Honouring one's loved ones

Mom and Dad sit on the shelf. We've bought the plot. We just have to inter them. I figure that people looking through our house, if we have any showings, might not want to see the urns sitting there. Ya think? Some might not notice!

Mom's urn has a painting on slate, as does Dad's. It was a lovely ceremony at the church.
We brought Mom's urn to Dad's memorial service. We thought she'd be there anyway! Her urn sits on the pedestal, Dad above on the table.



IMG_0847.JPG
I was so disappointed that only 9 people turned up for Dad's service. Not sure why. I was very emotionally distraught, suffering depression.

I put up the time and date of the service in the local post office. Those who had called while he was suffering from his brain tumour ceased to call after a time. It was only bad news, getting worse, and his age peers found it hard dealing with his increasing dementia.
I failed to phone all of his friends. I could not face that task. Neighbours told me they could not face his funeral, these the women who enabled my parents to live here long past their ability to do so.

Beautiful cemetery, with many pioneers

No comments: