Friday 18 June 2010

Travel photos - biker dudes

What fun driving along the roads spotting interesting sights.

We encountered many interesting, challenged people who are loving life.

At one point, in Perth on our way to Ottawa, we found ourselves in Timmy's for breakfast.

These fabulous men are all prostate cancer survivors. They bike many places across Canada. From Labrador to the south. They were on their way through an impending rain storm when we met. All having breakfast and coffee.

Their conversation was compelling.

They told us of a time, all of them doing laundry in a laundromat at 7:00 a.m. in Goose Bay, or somewhere bizarre. I could just picture them!

They told me they had t-shirts that say, digitus erectus sempre annus.

They jokingly called this their 'follow vehicle', but it was a coincidence it was in the parking lot outside Timmy Ho's!



All on bikes, they use their humour to get them through the day, as well as a sense of camaraderie.

Discussing the car behind us in the parking lot; they were very mechanically oriented, and loved their toys. One man asked the other what kind of care it was. He told him with great certainty that it was a Mercedes.

The other guy said, "Are you sure?"
He replied, "Yes, 450SL with about 35,000 km on the tires."

Brian then laughed aloud, overhearing their witty, raucous, joyful conversation, and asked, "Can you tell us where they live?"

"Sure. In a house they haven't paid for!"

Hats off to these fabulous men!


It was a fun time in our province!

The sign I spotted in a house we looked at in Cardinal!
This is one of our stories from our house hunting road trip!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

One of the reasons I do the work I do(cultural interpretation and visitor services) and travel is because of the people and lives I encounter. My encounters with others always reminds me to live life to the max!
You are such a wonderful story teller Jenn. Have a great weekend.
Smiles

Annah said...

*wahahhaha* I like that last picture. AVENGE YOURSELF! That's right!

W.C.Camp said...

Timmy's sounds like my kind of place. Glad the guys made it out of the rain. Breakfast sounds good to me right now even though it is 10PM at night here! W.C.C.

Lucy said...

I hope you are able to be there until you don't need it my friend! It's a beautiful spot!