Friday 25 June 2010

Being a guest in the big people's house

I met my birth mother when I was in my 30's. Long story.

My birth mother was 5' 5", I am 5' 4" and my half-sisters are 5' 8", and 5' 10". Life is not fair! With better nutrition, better education and genes, our children are all taller than we are. That is my hope.

That is the theory...and since our kids are 5' 8", and over,  it seems to fit.

While house hunting near Ottawa, the kids kindly let us stay with them. (Mind you, I did help in the night with newborn Isabelle!)

This is the story of life in a big people's house. Josephine, now two year's old, love to help out in the kitchen. We had a stool made by 3-Cut Kent in Muskoka.

It comes in handy for the old folks, too! It is a step stool as well as a picnic table!

The video documents the old folks attempts to make toast; reaching the big people's kettle, reaching the sweetener for my coffee (in the cupboard above the refrige) and then there is the 'emergency' light.


3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Absolutely lovey post Jenn.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That's just too cute Jenn! Happy house hunting BTW!

Jenn Jilks said...

Thanks, Weaver.
The house hunting is fun, Sallie, the selling is hard!!!