Monday 25 March 2013

Guess who is watching whom?

They really are quite curious, both cat and deer. Faithful readers will remember how Oliver used to be followed by Tigger on our forest walks.

She stood for a long time. The deer called her friends over to check out this strange little thing.
Dorah sits under the bell, at first, then moved for a closer look. The bell hides our well head.

Dorah was fascinated, too.

Eventually, after about ten minutes, Dorah headed under the spruce tree, feeling a little bit uncomfortable. The deer followed her around to the tree. I went out and the deer took off.

These two were on the other side of the tree. Check out her wound. I would think it was from fence wire. She seems fine. Hopefully, the fur will grow back soon. It doesn't seem to bother her. Her fawn is small compared to the other yearlings out and about. They are born and appear in spring, around May or June.

8 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Imagine the deer following her to the tree. One thing the deer never do here, they never follow Lindy, but she sure would like to go bounding across the countryside with them.
K

Christine said...

beautiful photos, gosh!

Anonymous said...

What delightful shots. I'd love to see deer this close up.

Valerie said...

Hi Jennifer - have made two unsuccessful attempts to contribute to Our World Tuesday. Have followed my usual procedure but this time the image isn't coming up for me to select/upload. Any suggestions please? (Beautiful shots of these gorgeous creatures by the way!)

eileeninmd said...

Very cute, I love seeing the deer. It would make my day to see these cuties in my yard. Have a happy week!

Gale said...

How neat! I love watching animal encounters like this. Of course, no deers in my backyard. But my mom once saw our dog and our cat stand off a bear (well, they were sort of cornered). She said the cat was as big as a basketball with her hair standing straight out.

Carver said...

Wonderful shots of the deer.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

snow in March when I was in Windsor Ontario, I rememebr it was coldest in Feb, the slush, not nice.

We here in NZ is still getting hot weather.