Friday 11 September 2009

Muskoka Ironman

Guess what is coming to Muskoka?

Ironman 70.3 Muskoka!

While Deerhurst resort has once again sold out all it's rooms, they are maintaining a waiting list should any cancellations arise. ...

Personally, I'm not holding my breath! I used to run, well, umm, jog between 4 - 7 km a day. But this is the ultimate:
Swimming 1.9 km... running 21 km ....biking 94 km. (= 70.3 miles!)

The only issue: our American friends do not know how far they are going to have to go!

Journey to the Finish Line - an American Ironman athlete weighs in...

...the metric system is still a bit of a reach for me. Actually it's not the metric system per se but the conversion from English measurement system.
- http://blogs.buffalonews.com/journey_to_the_finish_lin/


Mind you, I hope there isn't a bike fail like this.


They will be panting at the end, like Oliver. This video is for Josephine! She so dearly loves our Oliver!

3 comments:

Nancy Tapley said...

We had really hoped some of the Ironmen participants and their support crews would stay with us this year. We're on the bike course (well, less than 2 miles off), have a better lake than Deerhurst (yes we do... it's warmer here) and great places to run for training camps, but no takers. I guess they're all spending lots of money in the bigger places! :) I'm out volunteering again on Sunday -- you should come and wave a flag with me!

Jenn Jilks said...

That's too bad, Nancy. I think these people are used to spending big bucks.

Your resort is a wonderful place. And so close, without the madding crowds! (I hate crowds! Too much time spent herding students, methinks!)

Let me know next time, that would be fun to wave a flag!

Anonymous said...

We had a blast waving flags and directing traffic -- AND I met Amy Moritz (as she hurtled past... thank god we were at the top of a big hill, or she'd have been too fast, but I ran alongside for a short way cheering -- I met Amy through your blogpost. She's from Buffalo... and maybe she'll come stay with us next year. And you'll have to come out and help us point and cheer! Check out my blog for the Ironman post!