Tuesday, 8 September 2026

Topsy World this fall

Things are crazy in the world with wars (economic and physical), climate change, disasters, and poverty. We have to look after one another. Those are our Canadian values. Healthcare, culture, language, and our Canadian values are being threatened. It is tough to face. It is topsy turvy in the economic world. Joe Brian calls them voodoo economics! People are suffering, and it is shameful. I have faith in economist PM Carney. 

I really appreciated Denise's wise words of wisdom. I wanted to repost them. Thank you for your comforting words. We must have hope. Things are getting me down. We are fine, but so many are suffering.

 I tell ya Jenn, it’s enough to make me cry what’s going on. I echo a lot of your commenters here. The damage that has been done can wither a soul, but staying strong, or at least trying to and praying November will turn the tide towards decency again.

You betcha. We must have hope. I don't think Canada/US relations will ever be the same, though. We are finding other markets. Tariffs came on, from our side, last night. We shall see what happens.

In the meantime, nature has been grand. 

The skies have been stunning.


Doe a deer.


Chad coyote is a magnificent critter.

There is no sign of Barry Beaver on trailcams. The duckweed and frog bit have been disturbed in the wetland. I'm not sure if it is Barry or the deer. 

Ripened berries


Merlin's app told me we have red-eyed vireos, chickadees, downy woodpeckers, and the cardinal around.  The chickadees have been gathering in groups for winter. The woodpeckers stay all year, as do the cardinals. Soon I shall put out feeders, once I'm sure the bears are settled in. The red-eyed will fly south as it eats the bugs who will soon be hibernating!

 

🍁Fall Chores 2025

I have fall chores which I shall get to. I've not been feeling 100% and I wander around listing the activities in my head. The garden will slowly be shut down. I hope the fall colours will be beautiful. We all need that right now. Here is a photo from last year.

September 27, 2025

14 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I am planning to seek out some autumn colour on my next road trip... candles in the gloom... YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

We go round and round and round in the circle game

Tom said...

...your Canadian values. Healthcare, culture, language, and your Canadian values are being threatened just as my American values are threatened. I hope that we can return to being good neighbors.

Jeanie said...

Denise nailed it. November won't bring us a new president but hopefully a new Congress that will hold him to task. This whole situation is just revolting.

tz_garden said...

Your fall trees in the header photo are absolutely beautiful, and you ended with another beauty of a fall shot! We apologize, it is disheartening.

RedPat said...

Beauty in nature is what we need. I'm feeling down too.

Nancy J said...

Nature, with coloured skies, rain or sunshine, animals that show uninvited to give us joy, these are all there to brighten the saddest souls. Take heart Jenn, your own team of people will stand strong no matter what happens further south.He cannot get in for another term!!! Lots of love from a cool morning down here.XXX

Jenny said...

I do love the Autumn colours in your header photo. Its Spring down here where I live, this season can be rather changeable, we have had several wet and windy days but it is a lovely blue sky day today.

Red said...

It is a topsy turvy world. We can look at the environment for some peace.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jenn,
I am hoping for a colorful fall. Your photos are wonderful, I love the birds and deer. I probably say that all the time! I am not happy with our current administration, I would like them gone. Take care, enjoy your day!

Granny Sue said...

It has been a relief to shut out the world for the past week and just focus on enjoying family and nature and interesting places. I am reluctant to turn on the news and be sucked back into the vortex of horror, pain, and anxiety about this current world.
Still hot and humid here, a shock after Colirado.

Aritha V. said...

I’m glad you still have all that nature around you when the bigger world feels so unsettled. Sometimes noticing one deer, one bird call, or a sky that suddenly turns beautiful is exactly what brings you back to the present.

I hope you feel stronger again soon, and that autumn gives you plenty of those small good things to notice. 🍂

MARY G said...

I think we have seen our last hummingbird, but I am leaving the feeders up for one more week. Mid September is when they are described as leaving this zone (eastern Ontario).
I hear you about the list. I have hired a wonderful woman to put my gardens to bed; she is a sweetie and worth more than she will take in remuneration by a long shot.

Val Ewing said...

I took a break from the news and the world for a bit which was quite nice, but I wish I didn't have to get back to the news and what is going on.
:(