Things are getting quiet out there! No wonder... The brass cat was my mother's.
Happily I still have videos to savour. Both Freds have gone down for winter! Not a peep from them. My theory is, they go to their winter burrow (6A in the front garden corner). Then they come out in the warmth of the afternoon. This is what bears, porcupines, reptiles, and other critters do.
I donated some leftover kale to Fred.
The rest of the kale went into my chilli! I stripped the leaves off, chopped up the stems and put them in early. They take time to cook.
Jordan asked what was in it, I'd posted it on the family photostream. I had the recipe my mom gave to Joe Brian when he was retired and I was not. I did add I added chick peas, kidney beans, kale, local hamburger, an onion, can of diced tomatoes, a jar of salsa, chilli powder, dried minced garlic, and molasses!
The backyard is covered in Wild Aster!
Next project is shutting down the water fountain. I drained it yesterday, and I'll let it dry then scrape off the algae. The birds have been scarce.




9 comments:
That chili looks great! Rick and I saw a Fred crossing the road yesterday and thought of you!
The squirrels are running around here like crazy eating things and looking for winter shelters.
That chili really looks good.
Nothing better than an autumn stew/chili, I bet it was delicious!
I have not put the summer stuff away yet because I know that if I do we will have temps in the '80s. So far, one frost does not a laundry effort make.
Many changes make fall an interesting season.
That chili looks tasty ... great Autumn dish.
All the best Jan
What a beautiful day we have had as we and you continue to complete our autumn tasks.
You are really getting with it for cleaning up and prepping for winter.
That is hard work. I've been cleaning up my gardens and cleaning out the dead stuff.
This morning [Friday], I have 100's of Robins landing in the yard and then hopping around.
I love that you iron and pack away your summer things. Such a cozy thing.
Post a Comment