Summer is ending. The critters behaviour changes. Our birds are migrating. I've still seen the House Wren. It's too quick for a photo!
I've seen quite a number of Monarch flying south. Both here, and on the highway drive for a hair cut. We do lose a number on the highway. This is the generation that migrates south. They eat lots of pollen and make the journey.
The woodpecker likes the Common Mullein seeds.
I found our big toad in the garden. Oh, Fred. They will go down soon. They don't like the cool weather.
Butch doesn't hibernate. They tend to slow down, then sleep when it gets to be -10 or so.
And there is skunk!
The twin fawns will lose their spots. Not quite yet, though.
It's a long weekend. The Perth Fair is on. Great excitement. Too much for me, I think. The traffic last night in the dark was loud. I hope they had safe fun!
For more critters: Saturday's Critters # 664




15 comments:
Beautiful collection of late-summer critters! It's always fascinating watching everyone prepare for the change of season. Glad you caught so many wonderful moments!
It's really fascinating with the butterlflies' long journeys. Lovely shots!
Seeing the Monarchs is a very positive thing.
I'm seeing more monarchs too and I love them. I used to love a good fair -- now, not so much!
Fun times with all your critters. They act like they own the place. We haven't had any monarchs yet.
Enjoy your long weekend.. We’ll be cleaning a closing up our Trailer for another year.
We’ve been enjoying a.young fox running around the grounds this week. He seems rather bold. He’s not too worried about all the people around.
I couldn't comment on any blogs yesterday, testing!
You have so much critter activity at your place.
Hello, Jenn,
Love your Monarch butterfly photos. The deer is a favorite too, great video. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.
I'll be on the lookout for the monarchs here. I can't wait to get out on the trails when the weather cools! Happy weekend!
Everybody getting ready for coming winter. Not sure I'm ready for that. Been looking to harvest some Mullein seed.
I love the butterflies. I haven't seen many around here.
Blogger has been glitching for me for days. Seems like they might have fixed the commenting problem for now though.
I am seeing just a few Monarchs, I hate seeing them in the roadways:(
Enjoyed all the videos, especially Fred. This is a nice time of the year for you. Lots of critter activity.
So many little visitors! It's amazing how much life goes on around us when we are sleeping! Love the fawns :) Thank you for stopping by! I will visit again. x
Post a Comment