Wednesday, 30 September 2026

Autumn sights

 I've been hanging on to videos of the now-slumbering Freds. He was fairly lethargic, and not inclined to eat much more. In the third segment of the clips, he runs along the sidewalk to safety. We miss him!

Too soon we'll be in the cold. In the meantime, embrace the colours!


I went forest bathing:


There are pops of colour all over.


The milkweed are sending seeds up into the sky, hoping for a good landing. They are nestled in with wild aster.





 

I put the garbage out at 6:s0 Monday morning and noticed the full moon!




10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Aw, we'll all miss the Fred updates... sleep tight, little fluffies, see you in the spring! YAM xx

Tom said...

Here's to more milkweed and hopefully more monarches.

Barbara Rogers said...

Love the thought of forest bathing. Who's the black kitty?

RedPat said...

There seems to be more and more milkweed around. I saw a lot of Monarchs this year so it must be working.

eileeninmd said...

Great series, I love the asters, your kitty and the pretty Autumn trees. Take care, enjoy your day!

tz_garden said...

I love this time of year. I'm a little envious of Fred, all fattened up and ready for a long slumber!

Nancy J said...

A black Cat ???? The. Milkweed,they are so pretty when off into the air.

Jeanie said...

It's beautiful in your world. But I'm sure you'll miss the Freds this winter -- they're just so delightfully amusing.

Jenny said...

Who was having the most fun,you or the cat?

Mary Kirkland said...

Always nice to see Fred. It's still warm here during the day but it's getting cooler at night now.