Sunday, 19 July 2026

Smoke, fires, Bluesfest!

A new week begins. I am ready for it. Saturday it poured rain. Hooray for new shingles! 

Perth was having its big three-day music festival, sadly it was wet. 

We have had the orange felon blaming Canada for smoke and fires. NW Ontario there are nearly a thousand wildfires. Canada has one of the largest Boreal Forests in the world. Texas can fit into Northern Ontario twice. It is 2.8 million hectares of land impacted by fires. First Nations communities are being evacuated.

They are demanding and threatening, and are going to add tariffs. One Congressman wants to delay open the new bridge Canada paid for. We had a deal. Which they reneged on, again.


Boreal Forests

wildfires out west
Smoke from the US is blowing up into Canada!

Fires and smoke in NW Ontario

What are Canadians doing? Helping neighbours to the south. We lost a helicopter pilot working in the US, as well. 

Canadian Air Force rescues teens

Most of the victims of these fires are First Nations in Ontario. They have accused our Premier of being unresponsive. Ford is an admirer of the US president...




🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

🦷 My root canal is easing up. Thanks for your empathetic words. My kind daughter sent me some beautiful flowers! Joe Brian was running around trying to find soft foods I can eat. Quiche was a good choice! 


Aster, JL, and Caitlin went to BlueFest on Thursday in Ottawa. They saw a group called, Lord Huron. 




3 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

MAGA Americans are being stupid yet again.

Jeanie said...

First, before I forget, tell your gang that Lord Huron's lead -- Ben Schneider -- is the son of dear friends and grew up here. We went to his senior art show at U of M eons ago (and I really wish I'd bought something then!). Even the show was fascinating in its style, a lot like the stories told in their music. His mom and dad often go to his concerts (they are both writers; his dad has a blog) and I'll probably be seeing them when I go up north next time. We always try to meet up in-between. I've only met Ben a couple of times but he seems like a really nice guy.

Not so nice-- you know who. Please believe me when most of us do not think Canada is "to blame" for their fires, that we have plenty of our own too. He is an idiot and a mighty scary one. Rick wants to do the first pedestrian-bike day for the bridge and continue on to ride but no one is holding their breath that July 27 will remain the opening.

RedPat said...

We actually opened some windows this morning.