The news is bad out there. I take comfort from my American blog friends who are suffering as well. Things are tense between the USA and Canadian governments. States want us to put US alcohol back in our stores. Wab Kinew, Ojibway, and Premier of Manitoba, (NDP), you got to love him: "No CUSMA, no BOOZMA!"
| de Adder is a great Canadian artist |
OK, back to nature. During the last storm, I noticed the down pipe for the gutter wasn't connected. In between storms I shove it together. Wednesday I screwed the two pieces together after I recharged the drill!
A toad in Bala, Muskoka. 2009
I hadn't ventured here post-storm. It was bad enough on our walking paths. I circled the pond on the far side, and found more damage.
| The frog pond from up above |
The top of the white pine tree snapped off.
Barry Beaver has been working. Thanks goodness. He has a mess to clean up. Ignore the date stamp. I don't like standing in a bug cloud resetting the time and date!
Auntie Fred has been out. It's been chilly, and I don't know if they are thinking of hibernating! This is where she hunkered down last winter.
The berries attract the birds. A great sight.
I think they've settled in, dividing the burrows amongst them.
1 comment:
I know for me, I just want Peace in this world...I often think how nice it was to be a kid and not have to know about the ugliness in this world. all I needed was a soda and a piece of bubble gum and I was a happy camper. LOL. Jenn you amaze me with how great you are at fixing things and just enjoying the outdoor life. So nice!
Post a Comment