Saturday, 25 July 2026

Saturday's Critters

🦊 That was an afternoon. As promised, there was drama. Joe Brian and I were sitting on the back deck. A perfect day. Not too hot. We'd seen Auntie Fred at the shed.


Before I go on, you can see the trailcams on the stand, lower left of the photo↓. They failed to pick up the excitement.


I looked up, and there was a fox running across the yard, from near dark part of the forest towards the flag pole garden, where Fred has a burrow. I've heard there is a momma fox with kits.  Foxie moved behind the garden, and I couldn't see her. I should have gone to the other end of the deck. There she was under the trees!

CAN YOU SEE HER? The iPhone I have isn't the greatest for photos.


It wasn't over, though. I could hear MiniFred just down the gully, beyond the fox. She was not amused. The fox appeared back on the hill. MiniFred whistled at her again. And we didn't see another thing. 


Remember the two trailcams in the second photo above? Nothing on either one of them. I was really ticked off. Here is a fox from my files. Narrows Lock Rd, with a snack in its mouth.


The fox is a regular. All my fox videos.

More often than not, I see her on the driveway trailcam. July 21st.
Here she is in the night. In the rain. I believe Fred is diurnal. She was out of luck.

   

 She likes the driveway! 

 

Saturday's Critters # 658 Visit Eileen's blog.

No comments: