Wednesday 3 July 2024

There were air shows this past weekend!

 I had fun looking for footage of the air shows. There was a show in Quinte on Sat/Sun.,, and a lot of the same planes flew over during the Canada Day celebrations. 


July 1, 2024 – Ottawa – National Defence / Canadian Armed Forces To mark its Centennial, the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) held its largest flypast in 20 years on Canada Day. 49 aircraft took part in the 20-minute long ‘parade in the sky’ featuring historic, current, and future Canadian military aircraft. 


 RCAF CT-114 Tutor: Snowbirds!
Bombardier Challenger CHAL18
Lockheed CC130 Hercules
CGVRA - Canadian War plane, 79 years old:
Another 79-year-old warplane:



The USAF was here with their Hercules
Here is the RCAF Hercules at the Quinte air show, Sat/Sun:
RCAF 

They had some vintage planes, as well.

It was funny watching the images. This screen follows the plane in 3-D. Look at the name of the plane, and then the logo on the plane! 
RCAF:

There was a storm out west, and it looks like they sent up weather balloons. 

While I am at it, This nameless plane (N/A!) was doing some weird things nearby. 



First the RCAF flew to Trenton for the air show on Friday. This is what I heard overhead:


RCAF from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Caitlin took this video. They went downtown to check it out.
 

Air show Canada Day from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Canada157


10 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

That is an interesting way to see the flights! Their flight paths are quite convoluted! It looks like a really good air show. I can recognize a C-130 by it's sound...our National Guard takes it out for maneuvers once a year, passing over Lake Tomahawk, or at least that's where I've usually heard it and sometimes seen it. It's nice and slow compared to the jets!

Jeanie said...

Looks like you were in the right spot atthe right time. I'm not big on air shows but ifyou are, can't beat it!

Karen said...

Aerial surveys cut some funky patterns on the tracker.
I would love to see and hear the dear old Lancaster in flight. It has been many years since we went to an air show in Trenton, where my uncle was posted as a flight engineer. (Must be 60 years)

Karen said...

I forgot to mention that we see a lot of helicopters and planes overhead as they approach the airport just 15 or so Km. from us. When the military is doing maneuvers they are often very low and lots of them. The C130 is a noisy devil.

Divers and Sundry said...

Air shows scare me. I worry about mid-air collision, though I know they're rare.

Nancy J said...

We live a little north of Ohakea, and often see the massive Hercules overhead, the distinctive rumble when the plane is still climbing as the plane goes over us. What a display, and I guess Josh will see this next year wherever he is.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Nothing like an air show!!

I hope you had a nice Canada Day!!

Red said...

Did you ever have a ride in a Herc? I always wanted just one ride in a Herc.

Anvilcloud said...

You're quite an air head. 😉

DeniseinVA said...

Must have been spectacular! It is a long time since I attended an air show but I remember how thrilling it was. People who fly these planes must have nerves of steel.