Friday 26 July 2024

Good news

OK, short walk on the sidewalk. I'm hoping for pumpkins! I haven't been able to grow them for years. There is something satisfying about planting and harvesting. I've not felt bad about it, as I've never been able to grow enough to make a difference in our household. We've lots of farmers around us, with good, fresh produce. 

I want pumpkins, just not on the sidewalk.I gently moved them aside.

Petunias and Basil.

Lilies

You'll forgive me for long posts. I am bored. Haven't visited trailcams in 2 weeks. Can't discuss issues with Joe. Here's the stuff I'm thinking about. 

🌪 Tornados

We had more good news, aside from not getting a hit by a tornado! People in the area are not so lucky. That said, people listened to the warnings and headed for basement. Thing is, some cottages don't have them. There is lots of damage. We are very fortunate that no one was hurt. It's nothing as bad as Jasper, Alberta, which has been devastated by fire. 

 There are citizen tornado reports from Scotch LineChristie Lake, Bass Lake, and Otty LakeNorthern Tornadoes Project at Western University will be coming to the area Saturday to check the damage and give a full report. Don't you love science, information and data?!

⚽ We are so discouraged with the soccer news and our women's team. Heads will roll. That said, we are grateful to have Hydro and could watch the game. I had two bouts with coughing in the morning. This is an improvement. There are other side effects of all this. I'll risk being crude, you let me know, but I am finding irony where I can. A cough + diarrhea + hemorrhoids ≠ a good situation. If you know, you know. 😣

Water is important. There is lots of science around the study of water. It flows down, fills a container, etc. What I have learned: secure the lid properly, i.e., screw it on all the way. Cue laugh score! Also, when you are having a coughing attack, do not flail your arms and knock your glass over.  Yes, I spilled water twice. 😏 You may laugh at this point. 

I came up with a new chair cover as my chair was wet. 

 


We love our cats, BTW. The peculiar Republican VP candidate Vance has been explaining that single women with cats shouldn't be political leaders. They have no investment in the future, he says, as they continue to mispronounce her first name. (Comma-La, as she writes in her memoir.) Them's fightin' words. Their theory is that they need white people to have more white kids to MAGA. Yes, the great days when there was slavery and all that. Republicans are doomed. 

VP Kamala Harris is a step-mom, who co-parents, and has been lauded by her husband's first wife. She performed her step-son's marriage. Welcome to 2024 dude! The back lash is huge. They are toying with Beyonce, Taylor Swift, lots of women's groups, childless female leaders with cats, who are rising up in solidarity. The future is bright.



😷 COVID
I had a bad morning, still coughing, using the puffer and Symbicort. My nurse friend warned me that I shouldn't use the puffer any more than 8 times a day. I used it 12 times the day previous, still coughed my guts up, unable to get the phlegm out. I cried, Joe fretted. I phoned the doctor's office in the afternoon. He wouldn't see me. He only works Monday to Friday morning, and is on vacay next week. The receptionist told me to go to the ER. I cried, and coughed some more. 

Joe and I discusses what to do. They weren't sympathetic in the ER last Monday, but I didn't have any coughing spells there. I'm sure they thought I was a freak. I just wanted to know if there was anything else they could do. He suggested a nap, and we'd think things through.

We both lay down, and slept for two hours. It occurred to me that I cough more after I talk. I stopped talking for the rest of the day and evening. Do you know what? That did it. I had some minimal spells, but for the most part not that gut wrenching cough as I struggled to breathe. 

Thank goodness, Joe's COVID symptoms are far less than mine. He's been my hero. We'll get through this. He's tired and weak. We are hunkering down. He still has sniffles, but they are improving.
P.S. My cough is lessening, but I getting sinusitis today. 

12 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Oh poor you...I am so sorry your cough is so tough on you! All systems are working (as you mentioned) together to cleanse that stuff right out of you! OK, I do enjoy your weather reports, as well as critters...so just go ahead and ramble where your heart takes you. It's not just single cat ladies, it's "childless" cat ladies, and Jennifer Anniston ripped a new on on JD's calling those who chose to, or can't, have children! For my cough, I found sitting erect, rather than leaning way back in comfy chair, somehow keeps my coughing to minimum. I got into 3 hours at computer desk last night and found I hadn't coughed the whole time, while evenings are usually my bad time. I was surprised. No wonder I like blogging!

eileeninmd said...

Yay for the pumpkins. Your flowers and plants are looking pretty.
Sending you healing prayers and well wishes.
Take good care of your self. Happy weekend.

Anvilcloud said...

Keep on telling your story, as long as it helps.

Nancy J said...

Jenn, this is not a laughing matter!!!! Talking does start coughing, you might need sign language for a while !!Or cards with words, i.e. I need a coffee, did you put out the garbage? is the laundry done? I need help!!! Every day I have hoped for youn to be a lot better. Jasper, what a shocking tragic disaster, gone in minutes, and it happened so quickly.Yes, the drone incident, already 3 have been sent back, but your girls won after all of that, maybe the drone insider info helped them. I feel for the Canadian players as they maybe didn't even know what was the plan to snoop on our team.Keep up the fluids, and a thought, not to go from warm rooms into cold air, does that trigger off a coughing fit? LOL, Jean, way down under.

Elephant's Child said...

You are doing it tough. I am glad that there are signs that it is improving.
Love your garden and the support you offer each other. And yes, I cough more when I talk.

Cloudia said...

Blessings 💞🙏🏽
God doom the GOP please!

Cloudia said...

❤️

Red said...

Covid is a nasty piece of business for some people. Advocate for your own health. Don't let them put you off.

tz_garden said...

Yeah for pumpkins! I'm hoping for some as well, so far just flowers.

DeniseinVA said...

I feel for you Jenn, I really do. I am so sorry you are going through this awfulness. As for all the political shenanigans, I find myself rolling my eyes up to the ceiling. I am waiting for November, and it can't come soon enough!

As always I loved your post and hope very, very soon you will get rid of this horrid Covid.

DeniseinVA said...

p.s. sorry, forgot to say how wonderful Joe is for being your hero, and hope he feels 100 percent also very soon. Good health to both of you.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Ah pumpkins. And I loved those day lilies.

We are getting reports of your tornadoes and wild fires, especially in Alberta and California.

I know several Maga people pronounce Kamala's name wrong on purpose because tRump does.

White women and cat ladies. Gotta love it!!

Feel better soon, dear.