Wednesday 24 July 2024

A whole new news cycle!

 The world is full of good people. I have to remember that! The new owner of CNN has been steering his employees to the right. But the news cycle has changed. VP Harris' speech was on CBC, CNN, Fox, and other American media. This is a sea change. 

There are a lot of Conservatives who own Canadian media. Even taxpayer funded CBC is criticizing the candidates dress style. Joe commented to me about this. What's with this? 

This is the Toronto Star. Sets back the women's movement 75 years. 

"We care that she’s smart and qualified. Harris was the District Attorney of San Francisco, Attorney General of California, a United States Senator, and she is currently the US Vice President."



Then there is her belly laugh. VP Harris on her laugh:

'don't be confined to other people's perception about what this looks like and how you should act in order to be'

Life imitates art


Trump's been calling Vice-President Kamala Harris stupid names. I've been thinking about bullying. In a movie we watched online, a cop was trying to control a bad dude. Lowlife dude spits in her face. She says, "Is that all you got?"  I'm keeping that line in my head next time. I wish I'd had this phrase in my pocket when counselling my students against bullying. We'd role play, and I'd give my students the language to support themselves. 

 Look what was on social media today:

We are making our way through a steamy summer. The To Do list lengthens for me. Laundry piles up, sheets need washing after our night sweats. We're living in a jungle, not so much a wetland! Lawn, fix the water fountain, weeding. ♩♪🎵 "Let it go! Let it go!" 

We had a storm at 7:00 a.m. Tuesday. I was so excited. What did we get? Only 3 mm, with a high temperature of 30℃. It's been hot. Dag nabbit. There is a possibility of tornados this evening. Oh sure!


I haven't wandered far, but out front we've flowers. I noticed that the WELCOME sign is backwards. How fitting! It should say BEWARE. 😆😷


Ain't old age grand? I forgot I planted this!!! 

Wednesday COVID UPDATE:
I had a visit with my GP. He explained that the X-ray was clear. No bronchitis or pneumonia. Good news. It's just COVID! I masked up, obviously, and so did he. He is the age of my kids, and as smart, educated, and confident. It is comforting.

My GP said to take 2000 UI of Vitamin D everyday to fight this damn disease. He is up on COVID, Joe's Lyme Disease, and our old fart issues. Joe takes that anyway with calcium to combat the side effects of cancer treatments (duly postponed until he's over this). 

I had a semi normal cough most of the day Tuesday, until after dinner. This is progress. I'm nearly done my Ventolin puffer in a week. I went to bed, and woke up with that racking cough at 12:30. Used the puffer, headed back to bed. Happy to report I slept after that until 5 a.m. this morning. A miracle.

Joe is planning a prescription run this morning. His COVID reaction is no where near mine. Thankfully! He'll phone first to make sure they have his new puffer, my new puffers, and then get us more headache meds. The headaches are awful, as well as the sweats.

There is hope. It is slow progress, but progress is happening. This is why I record what is happening. It's all in your perspective. I had a nap yesterday afternoon, which was lovely. 

Anyway, there is hope. 
Thank you for your support and encouragement. I really appreciate it. 

8 comments:

Val Ewing said...

The news cycle has changed and so has the mood of our country from despair to hope.

I sure hope you both start to feel much better soon.

Barbara Rogers said...

Thanks for the update on your flowers, laundry (we do have piles of it here too) a doc visit and meds. So glad your hubby can get to pharmacy to pick up what is needed. I finally asked a friend to do a load of laundry for me. I chose carefully what I thought I'd need in a week. Thankful that you have not had bad storms like sometimes you get. So glad you got some good rest. I've not had Covid yet. I do hope yours is on its way out.

DrumMajor said...

SO glad our Canadian friends are getting better! Sounds like a dandy doc too. Yes, most of our country is breathing a sigh of relief, even though Biden has done an amazing job. Putting up with the Bully-in-Chief Trump is exhausting, but his turned loyal buddy is even worse. Gee, seems Trump wears the same suit and tie all the time. I think Kamala's suits and necklaces are classy. She doesn't need to look like Taylor Swift, who's also classy. I hope truth wins. Unfortunately, like Biden, with Kamala winning, she won't be able to enjoy the presidency as much as usual with Trump constantly badgering and biting. Linda in Kansas

Anvilcloud said...

Well you had a little bit of ok health news. I've looked at the two-week forecast. We will have a moderate day tomorrow, followed by two weeks of heat.

Elephant's Child said...

I really, really hope that the 'changing of the guard' turns the tide. Excellent new3s that you are finally starting to get better.

RedPat said...

It sounds like you have turned a bit of a corner with the covid. I hope the improvement continues. I have been a bit relaxed about taking my Vit D but I have just taken a pill and will try to remember to take it every day.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love all the energy that Harris is bringing to the US presidential election. I love the concept of a former District Attorney and state Attorney General vs 34 time convicted felon. It's rich that trump and the maga idiots are now crying that democrats have been disenfranchised by Biden and Harris. Like they care.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sounds like you may have turned the corner on COVID. I sure hope so.

Harris brings energy to the Dems, but her message of democracy is one no one cares about except her loyal followers. What undecided voters want to hear about are kitchen table issues, like high inflation, immigration, and social security.

tRump wants to be king. He told an audience that once he was elected, they would never have to vote again. He scares the %&%^%^@^$ out of me.