Tuesday 2 July 2024

I did it!

I have scraped and cleaned the aquarium. The caulking is now done. My able assistant held the caulking gun for good for me as I rotated the thing to be able to reach each corner. Then did two more corners. It'll have to cure. It is special aquarium caulk and won't harm the fish. Next step is to fill it and see if it holds. 🤞 Fingers crossed! 

My personal assistant is slowly improving. He has a 4-week appointment to check on his progress. He may have his 4-week dose of Doxycycline extended to 6-weeks. I think they are finally getting a handle on this bacterium. 

We found a bug on the back deck when I was working on the aquarium.  It is a Sawyer Beetle. It looks prehistoric. Yes, JB's t-shirt is on inside out. That way the tags don't scratch the back of his neck!

 

That was a lovely, sunny day! We deserve them. The Eastern Question Mark butterfly egg has hatched. I can't find it, but it is there. If someone hasn't eaten it!


I did some macro photos. It is tricky. 

My rose!
 

Trumpet vine



Evening Primrose! It has spread.


I risked life and limb going down to the frog pond. I had on long pants, and a sweatshirt. Even so, I brought a tick back. When I arrived a duckling took off into the native phragmites. Surveying the pond, it looks as if something was after it. I'd say a coyote. 

frog pond from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


15 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Loved seeing all your beautiful flowers! Good work on the aquarium. It has so many seams to caulk!

Jeanie said...

Well done on the acquarium and good news for JB. Onward another month. The garden is glorious!

DUTA said...

Very beautiful flowers!

Gaelyn said...

I so love your yard, especially when so full of color and life. I too wear my clothes inside out because of tags and the plastic thread used to sew together "100% cotton" clothes.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm impressed you were able to rehab the aquarium. I hope it holds. I'm glad he's improving and feeling better. Cool bug! Lovely flowers 👍

Nancy J said...

The ticks, I did a survey of BC and there was a map showing the areas where they would be in large populations. Josh was warned !!! Your flowers are lovely, and the terrarium looks great.

RedPat said...

Good for you with your aquarium job. Fingers crossed that it works okay.

Elephant's Child said...

Well done on the acquarium front. Love your garden. I have never been bitten by a tick - and hope I never am.

tz_garden said...

Good job, the aquarium looks sparkling clean! The roses and lilies are lovely.

Cloudia said...

So summer lovely! I'm glad JB is feeling better. And yes I concur seams out!

DrumMajor said...

Eww! I don't want a beetle that big crawling on my shirt! June bugs I can handle. Linda in Kansas

Red said...

I can understand why you have so many ticks with all the deer that visit the area.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful flowers! Best wishes for JB.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Patio Postcards said...

Jenn your garden is thriving. Well done you fixing the aquarium! Glad to read that JB is improving.

Anvilcloud said...

Yes, macro photos can be very tricky.