Saturday 13 January 2024

Saturday's Critters

It is Saturday, again! 

We are preparing for another storm, as I write this Friday. We'll see you on the other side!

 

I somehow missed this video. Jan. 2nd, Labbit was here. I haven't seen her since!

Labbit from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

It is fun comparing the older and younger bucks. Soon they will shed their antlers, since food is scarce, rutting season is over, and we all begin anew.

King and Prince from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

My frog pond trailcam froze in the last storm, I think. I'll have to work on that.

The young fisher has been about! 

 

fisher Jan. 5 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Isn't he a handsome one?!

handsome coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

My new Wingscapes camera has been fun. I've been taping the birds, which has been fun. 

 

cardinal on deck from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

American tree sparrow:
 

tree sparrows from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

After I managed these images ↑, I thought I would branch out. 😏  JB found me some window hooks in town, and I set up the Wingscapes camera on the window, in front of the feeder under the overhang. It did not go well! Back to another plan, Plan C!

 

We've had a bit of snow. After coffee and a hearty breakfast, out I go!

Saturday's Critters # 526 <= For more critters, hosted by Eileen.

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful critter post! My favorites are the deer and the fisher.
The birds are beautiful too. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

Anvilcloud said...

It was quite the storm. Our drive awaits a second pass. But we don't plan to go anywhere today.

Barbara Rogers said...

Love seeing the close ups of birds, and as always your deer, coyote, fisher, etc...but no cats today! Hope the snow storm is gentle to your trees and critters (and the snow removing lady!)

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I'm intrigued by your fisher.
That is a handsome well fed coyote. The ones I see in the country all look scrawny, the suburban coyotes are kind of fat and sassy.
I love your wingscapes camera. I might have to check into it. It takes very clear close up photos.
I always love your deer.
Stay warm!!

Divers and Sundry said...

Everybody's in a panic here, because we might get measurable snowfall. Yikes! People here don't know how to act. It's a rare occurrence. Your snow is so pretty!

RedPat said...

The shots of creatures were really good today.
We got 2 hours of snow and then it rained all night to melt it.

Elephant's Child said...

Love your critters. I hope the storm isn't as vicious as predicted.

Red said...

I hope this storm goes easy on you.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Stay safe and warm! Take many breaks removing snow.

tz_garden said...

Love seeing all the visitors! The cardinal, wow. The coyote does look incredibly healthy. I've never seen a fisher before, looks like a little weasel?