Friday 12 January 2024

Critter tails

How good it was to see the sun, however briefly. There is another storm on the way. Happily, it looks like just snow and no rain. I can deal with the snow. We make sure we have food, gas for the snowblower, and I can take my time to shovel. We had 4 cm Thursday, not even worth shoveling!

I cannot complain, though. The high temperatures for some parts of Canada are -30˚ C. today! Sorry, Red!



Cinnamon enjoys a moment on his cat tower, and my first paperwhite bloom. The ceramic rabbit sits atop my gifts from Jean! She is a peach. 




I went for a walk to fetch trailcam cards. I met the deer trio, Momma and twins. It was funny, as they lined up, all looking in one direction, then looking at me.

deer trio from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I think the frog pond trail cam froze after the snow and rain. Nothing on it, yet two pieces of Fisher poopies in front of the trailcam. 

A big coyote track, as well.


There was a lone turkey about, in the snow.
  

lone turkey Jan 11 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


I often wonder about the critters in the snow. We've another big storm on the way, potentially 20 cm. Again. 

14 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Big one a'comin tonight.

Tom said...

...it's fun to see the turkey up close.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

That is one nice turkey, he sure has a long beard. Fishers are very interesting, rarely seen, but we know they are out there!

Barbara Rogers said...

Smart trio of deer, and I always love seeing King Charles. Poor turkey didn't seem bothered by carrying along snow on his back.

Olga said...

I remember when it was rare to see a turkey but now they are walking around neighborhoods in VT. I'm more likely to see sandhill cranes and egrets walking around the neighborhood here in FL.

Divers and Sundry said...

Love that turkey :)

We're getting tornado watches, wind warnings, and there's a prediction of snow for Monday. The panic here is real lol and grocery stores are packed with people buying bread. Who knows if we'll actually get any snow...

Elephant's Child said...

Your critters do it tough. Stay safe, stay warm.

tz_garden said...

Oooh, that turkey looks cold!

Mae Travels said...

We are now receiving some weather that I think is coming straight from your part of the continent. It’s looking grim, but we have stocked our pantry and we are ready for the snow to pile up for a while. Our forecast keeps changing. I hope you are keeping warm and dry.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Cloudia said...

You are a wonderful witness to the life of the animals. Thank you for sharing them with us, especially the intrepid cinnamon! Aloha!

Lorrie said...

That's quite the turkey! Cold here, colder than I can remember for the south Island. No snow, sadly. But the sunshine is nice. Love the quilted tablerunner on your coffee table.

RedPat said...

The turkey looks like it has a lot of feathers to keep it warm.
Stay warm.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sweet photograph of cinnamon.

Goodness me you say that some parts of Canada are -30˚ C Brr Brr Brr

Wishing you a good weekend ahead, stay warm.

All the best Jan

Red said...

I've just hunkered down with tis cold and stayed inside. Went to a medical appointment yesterday and the roads were evil.