Friday, 26 June 2026

More Fred & travels

 Fred has been taking a lot of time and energy. Fortunately I am retired! They are rather adorable tree ground rats. Curtain climbers for sure. They are fairly nimble now, but they have to eat their way to hibernation. They really are teenagers! 

 

 As I've written, there seem to be two that hang out together. The play fights are quite amazing. The tail thumping. Biting. I would imagine it prepares them for predators.

   

 The doe is still pregnant. The deer fence works. Fred is a little more of a challenge.

   

 If you watch the video, you'll see him climb up the railing, sit, and watch me. Then notices the chicken wire I put around my eaten petunias. (Closing the barn door...) At the very end, you can hear what I hear out back. The little thumping of little feet on the deck. I couldn't figure it out, at first.

 

Meantime, my daughter, Caitlin, traveled from Ottawa (YOW) to Montreal (YUL). From there to Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH). After a few days touring, she is on the plane from ZRH to Helsinki (HEL). Eventually, she'll meet up with her community choir, they will have a series of concerts in the Baltics. What an adventurer she is! 


9 comments:

Jeanie said...

Your videos today are great! They are fun to watch -- you must be fun to watch too, since that keeps Fred intrigued. Caitlin is lovely. What a grand time she will have!

RedPat said...

I would be watching Fred a lot too.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
thanks for the Fred fix! Hope Caitlin is coping with the excess temps over in Europe... even here in Scotland we are experiencing something more than our usual, at the mid to high 20s centigrade, plus heavy humidity. YAM xx

Mary Kirkland said...

The Fred's are just so darn cute.

The Furry Gnome said...

Yes that does sound like a real adventure!

Shug said...

This sounds like a great adventure for Caitlin. Prayers for her safety as she travels. I do enjoy "the Freds".... rodents or not, they are so fun to watch..

Red said...

the music teachers seem to thrive on concerts.

Lowcarb team member said...

I just love the 'Freds'
It is so hot in many parts of Europe at the moment I hope it will not spoil Caitlin's visit.

All the best Jan

DeniseinVA said...

I must say, I have gotten very fond of your Feds. Lovely to see Caitlin enjoying herself too.