Wednesday 26 October 2011

Mixed-species marriage: trees

I know I have many tree fans. Bear with me for another tree post.
These trees seem to have fused early on. Now, they are huge. I looked casually at them. They sit on "Oliver's Lot", and I'd walked past them for a year until I noticed them on October 4th.
If you look closely one is a birch, the other a cedar. They support one another.
Olive loved visiting this lot. It is made up of mature forest, a grassy meadow, and frog pond.
cedar (left) - birch bark (right)

another view
I love the mature forest!

tree canopy - so beautiful, Oct. 4, 2011
all the leaves are now gone.


To quote the Friendly Giant, "Look up, look waaaaay up!"

4 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Wonderful marriage of cedar and birch. I love it.

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie’s Guide to Adventurous Travel

Cloudia said...

oh wow!



Fond Aloha from Waikiki;

Comfort Spiral



> < } } ( ° >

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That's really nice Jenn! You are great with the video-cam too!

Judy said...

I have seen a lot of Siamese trees, but never a mixed marriage like this! And they both seem so healthy! I wonder what the inner wood will look like when they finally get cut down...