Sunday, 11 October 2026

More Barry!

Barry beaver senses the change in seasons. I thought he was off somewhere. He's gone after a small and large oak tree. 



 

The small one was tipped over but leaning on another tree. I lay it down on the ground, and it has disappeared. Somehow he escaped the trailcam coverage.

Barry's next attack was on the small Aspens in the Aspen grove. This was earlier in the year. The trees are pretty close together and could use a pruning but...

He took down 7 of them. Nearly half. I have to trust he knows what he is doing! 


He worked on, and took down a small Maple. It ended up stuck in the tree canopy, and I lay that on the ground. It disappeared.



Cinnamon and I went down to inspect it all. He ran like lightning, and roared up a tree.

 

 If you turn up the sound, I think this is Barry working. He totally avoided the camera. I was hoping the camera would dissuade him.

 

This is all Barry's work. Well, Barry and the windstorm. It uprooted the vulnerable trees.

Cinnamon was keen to climb them. If you watch to the end, you'll see him in under the uprooted roots. 

I tripped and fell in the hole. Like a turtle, upside down, I had trouble getting footing. I had to stop laughing, first, then think about rolling over as I ended up on my side.

 

 I finally got Barry on the camera. He is entertaining. 

 

No comments: