Monday 18 August 2008

Idle Free Zones



To sit and idle in a parking spot has been traditional in Muskoka. There is much discussion, some laws, and little enforcement. I plan on printing these free images from Natural Resources Canada.

Bracebridge is an idle-free zone. Print a flyer and pop it under a windshield wiper! You can make a difference!

I am finding some stores posting these in their front windows, and I hope it has an effect.

But until we all participate, and educate those who are ignorant of environmental issues, we will continue to breathe these poisons. In Muskoka we must drive many kms to work, errands, to access health resources, but we can do our part.

This man sat in his white convertible car in a parking lot and as I walked by I could feel cool air coming from the vehicle. Such citiots need to understand the fragile nature of Muskoka's ecosystem.

No comments: