We have seen a strange cat in previous years. I called him Pickles. It was in the summer, though.
😼Feral cat - AKA Oregano
I was wondering if this one was out on weekends, when the tourists are up. With so many working from cottages that could be a possibility. This one doesn't seem to be feral, but who knows. It's out at odd hours. I can tell, as Cinnamon gets all mushy and want to go out to 'play.'
I began to feed it in January, leaving the cat house outdoors, with the heater, to prevent the food from freezing solid. I called him Oregano, as we have Nutmeg and Cinnamon, and he could be a sibling.
By the time I snagged him on the trailcam, I realized he'd been spraying the cat house.
Here are my Oregano sightings, beginning in 2021:
- Saturday night late Jan. 9th.
- Wednesday Jan. 13 (10 p.m.),
- Monday Jan. 18th 8:42 p.m.,
- Thursday Jan. 21, 3:54 a.m. Strange cat
- Friday, Jan 22, 2:38 a.m.
- Friday, Jan. 22, at night, 7:43 and 8:07. We knew our cats were in. Oregano strange cat
- Sat., Jan. 24 at 3 a.m. , spotted by JL peering into the window from the dark.
- Wed., Jan. 27 set off the light, as well as going to the tree house.
- Sat., Jan. 30, 6:30 a.m. while deer fed
- Monday, Feb. 1, 3:18 a.m.
- Tuesday/Wednesday, Feb. 1/2, 2021;7 p.m., 6:20 a.m.
- Friday, 1:13 to 1:34 a.m., Feb. 5
- Friday, Feb. 5, 21:56 – 22:09 meowing!
- Sunday, Feb. 7, 20:54
- Mon., Feb. 8, food gone.
- Wed., Feb. 10, 20:41
- Sat., Feb. 13, 23:42
- Sun., Feb. 14, 21:42, I saw him, talked to him.
- Tuesday, Feb. 16, 21:12. I saw him at the front door at bedtime. He made eye contact, with his cute little furry cheeks.
- Wed., Feb. 17, 8 p.m. I saw him running up the driveway.
- Mon., Feb. 22, up at 2 a.m., the motion sensor lights were on.
- Mon., Feb. 22, 21:23 he appeared. Warmer temps.
- Friday, oregano Feb 26, 20:03.
- Saturday, Feb. 27; 21:09, spraying our cat house (see photo below).
- Sunday, Feb. 28; 10:37.
- Monday, Mar. 1st; during a storm. I tracked him the next day
- Wed., Mar. 3rd, a storm, 9 p.m.
- Monday, Mar. 8th
- Tuesday, Mar. 9th – he ate some food.
- Mon., Mar. 15 – 6 a.m.
- Tues., Mar. 16 – 1:49 a.m. mice friend, too.
- Wed., March 17 – 8 p.m.
- Oregano 📹 was back, Mar. 22.
- Mar. 23 – 📹19:38 he's a frequent flyer!
- Mar. 24 – 2:32 a.m. 📹Sprays where the cat house used to be.
- Mar. 25 – 20:50 sprays bear.
- Mar. 26 – 11:03 p.m. sprays bear.
- March 27 – 7:42 p.m. , 11:25
- May 16 – daytime: I spotted Oregano. It was about 6:30 p.m. and I knew our cats were in. He took off like a bat outta hell!
- Nov. 3 – backyard in the afternoon: Clouds everywhere!
- Nov. 6, front deck, 10:37 p.m.
- Nov. 23 – under the bird feeders, 4:30 p.m.
- Dec. 8th – tracks in the snow, and 📹on video.
- Dec. 14th – bunny watching Oregano in the dark.
- Jan. 6th, 2022 – He visited the mice friends.
- Jan. 21, 2022 – back door 9:37 p.m.
- Feb. 6th – back door, front deck, driveway, back yard.
- Feb. 23 – with mice friends!
- Feb. 24 – both back door and front deck.
- Feb. 27, 3 a.m. – bird feeder: oregano cat
- Mar. 1st – he attacked the turkey carcass on the back deck. Video.
- Mar. 2nd – back deck and front deck tracks!
- March 6/7 – Oregano 11:30, Oregano 2, Oregano 3, on both front deck and backyard.
- May 3 – back yard on trailcam in garden