Monday 10 January 2022

Mice friends and Oregano

It was a cold morning. This is frost on the birdbath, which has been cleaned. There was a shim of ice on it, and the heater stopped working. I soaked it in vinegar, and all is well. 

Nutmeg is a bit bored. She went after my 65th birthday decoration! Again. I put it away! My birthday is done!



When I went outdoors Thursday, I saw that the table where Cinnamon usually sits was knocked over. That, and the fake presents had been shuffled. The red present was on the ground. Something happened!

I thought I'd try the trailcamera with them. Sadly, it's a cheaper camera, and it doesn't hold the date or time, nor the proper temperature. It's only a year old. 
My new trailcamera is working, I am pleased, so far. 

 I was up at 6:30, and popped outdoors to get the camera footage.

I'm having fun with the mice. Putting out a nearly empty jar with bacon fat, someone was enjoying it. This is their little mouse hole. All the cats, our two (Cinnamon and Nutmeg) and Oregano, the feral cat, like to visit the hole and sniff.

First up, mice friends. I must have had 15 or more clips. It was a hoot. mice friends from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


😼Oregano 

Then, about 6 a.m. Oregano, our feral friend came by. I brought the camera in at 6:30 a.m., I didn't miss him by much. You can see the snow on his back. Oregano Jan 7th.


11 comments:

Tom said...

...mice aren't friends in this house!

Karen said...

Your feral friend looks very well fed.

Jeanie said...

What fun! Although very curious about the tipped table and presents. It's always a little sad when the birthday ends!

Anvilcloud said...

You and the cats have some adventures.

RedPat said...

I assume that the mice can't get inside the house.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Them mice sure are quick!!

Oregano is kind of chubby kitty.

Red said...

I'm no fan of mice. You can have them.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Happy birthday. Welcome to the OAP club!

William Kendall said...

I said hello to a mouse a couple of nights back.

Jenn Jilks said...

Well, Redpat, the mice live in the wall. If they came into the house, two cats would nail them!

Kay said...

Happy very belated birthday. You are still such a youngster.