Wednesday 27 December 2023

It was fun!

Many bloggers I follow are fabulous cooks. I dabble, as the more I cook the more I eat! 

I watched a talk show and was inspired! I sorta just skip to the cooking parts. This was yummy. There are lots online, and I combined them for this masterpiece. I am not the greatest cook, but I asked the girls to help me make it. It was so much fun. 

Bought pizza dough, although you can make your own. JB shouldn't have yeast, so if we buy any it goes stale. Jos cut it up into 28 rolls, and we put a cube of cheese into each one. From there you put on an egg wash, and bake it. The topping is butter (which JB should have!), with rosemary, basil, garlic, parmesan. What's not to love? 

Pull apart buns

There is something wonderful about doing Facetime with cousins in Vancouver. 

We put on the fire log. I vacuumed a day ago, and nearly sucked up the fake fireplace as I worked at the corner. Whew!

We liked to go to craft shows around the region. That we have limited a bit these days. However, Caitlin's wreath was from the one at the Rideau Ferry restaurant, CC's. 


One is never too old for stockings! 


I had fun felting this year. Old 🐶dog...🆕 tricks


Our family...

Our SIL, an engineer, fixed the train for JB!


The cats, deer and fishies gave me some treats for the trailcam.

14 comments:

Divers and Sundry said...

Those buns look delicious, and your felted pieces are lovely. I agree about stockings. In our family were never too old to get a stocking.

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

No, one is never too old for stockings. At 60 something, Barb and I still fill each other stockings every year. Looks like you had a great day!

Tom said...

...what a jolly bunch.

RedPat said...

A fun time was had by all.

Kathy G said...

It looks like a wonderful day.

Nancy J said...

Your felting is wonderful, have you tried wet felting, to make a scarf or bag??? Hope your birthday was with a lot of fun and love and laughter.

Anvilcloud said...

You're right about the stockings. We are never too old.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Fun and family = brilliant Christmas! Love your felts... YAM xx

Cloudia said...

You are lucky in your family and I'm sure you are a pillar of it. God bless you folks

Olga said...

What fun! I love the felting. I have never been brave enough to try.

eileeninmd said...

The buns look yummy, I have to look for this pizza dough.
What a fun time with your family! Many happy memories.
Take care, have a great day!

Jeanie said...

I just LOVE that you craft together -- that wreath is fabulous. Very good idea for the Christmas tree buns. I'll have to remember that for next time!

William Kendall said...

It looks like you had fun

Kay said...

I am not one of those amazing blogger cooks or bakers. Your pull apart buns look totally scrumptious!