Thursday 26 January 2012

Mystery bird- American Woodcock

My faithful readers will recall, last year, April 7, 2011, I posted a dusk video of the song of a mystery bird. I couldn't see it in the dark. My late buddy, Oliver the cat, was chasing it on the lawn. Someone on YouTube suggested it is an American Woodcock. It could well be! This link has the same sounds!


I anticipate more April visitors! Today it being -10 C. and brisk.


This photo a file from the Wikimedia Commons. Information from its description page is shown: The original flicker photo.
Commons is a freely licensed media file repository. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.


2 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

What an amazing-looking bird, Jenn.

Linda said...

Loved seeing the photo...I didn't see the original post (being a late arrival to blogging!)...but I will have to listen now when I get a chance. Almost sounds like he could be a cousin to the Roadrunner...beep...beep...