Tuesday 26 December 2023

Visitors

It is Boxing Day in Canada. I do have boxes to flatten for recycling. It's plastics this week, though. I have time. I did something different this year. I put everything into boxes and painted the boxes. 

I asked for volunteers to put out the garbage this morning, the kids are sleeping over another day, but I didn't get any takers! Isabel asked what time. Eight o'clock, I explained. Her eyes widened. I really was joking even if I did play the, "I have to put out garbage and it is my birthday" card.

We planned Christmas dinner well in advance, more on that later. My birthday dinner, today, we winged it.  They were hosting her brother and brother-in-law on Saturday. They are quite busy. 

 
🐈 Speaking of visitors, we had our most recent cat visitor back Dec. 20th, at 22:50! Somebody's cat must be either crossing the highway, or travelling about a km or both to visit us. I hesitate to name him. The last visiting cat was hit by a car. 

 

visitor cat from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Another visitor, the cottontail bunny.

Cottontail Dec 21 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Hubby likes to feed the deer. We know our neighbour feeds them to lure them, so of all years, we keep embracing them.

15 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Happy Birthday, Jenn! May it be merry and bright 😘 YAM xx

RedPat said...

Happy Birthday to you!

Anvilcloud said...

Since the recycling switched over to Enterra we are first on the route, and they are here shortly after 7. I have Alexa set to remind me at 6:45. I possibly could put it out the night before even though I wouldn't put the garbage out overnight. But I am usually up anyway, so probably not.

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer

Olga said...

Happy Birthday, Jenn!

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Critter Christmas! Poor kitties 😢 It's a shame people let their cats roam that far. It's so dangerous.

Elephant's Child said...

Happy birthday, fellow Capricorn. Our Boxing Day was yesterday - and our paper and recycling was collected too. Not early though.

Nancy J said...

the 26th, at your home, HAPPY birthday Jenn. Have a wonderful day with the family, they will all get out of bed eventually. XXX from down here, rain, not cool, we have had several 26C days on ned lately.

Nancy J said...

OOPS spelling error, should be " on end" !!!

Cloudia said...

Bless you on your birthday dear friend! May you enjoy many many happy ones to come. You are sort of my hero the way you handle everything. Aloha

Red said...

Always somebody checking our your place in the night. I don't think many people realize how many critters are bouncing around every night.

William Kendall said...

The deer are good company.

DeniseinVA said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!!!🎂🍰🧁🥂🍾. Thank you for all the wonderful posts you have shared this year!

Jeanie said...

They are always so good at helping -- until they're not! I have a feeling your leftover bday dinner was a tasty one!

Kay said...

You know I had to look up what exactly was Boxing Day.
Happy Birthday, Jenn! Both my son-in-law, grandson and granddaughter have their birthdays close to Christmas too. :-) In fact, I think I know more people born in December than in any other month.