Monday 30 October 2023

We cleaned the eaves!

Yes, 'WE!' I did have helpers, a chilly day, Sat. Oc t. 28th. I forgot the little red cleaning tool. JB brought me the broom, as well. 

 

cleaning the eaves from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Cinnamon came to check it all out. 

This is one path down to the wetland. I chopped down several dead sumacs, with great regret. I'd mulched the leaves, as well. 

JB was walking down the path, and found an antler. It's been sitting in sodium peroxide to clean it.

The moss on the roof was horrible. Well, it was pretty, and growing very well. If I was smart I'd have harvested it, but I was wiped out!

Ta da! 


As I was up top, I could hear the neighbour target shooting. It was awful, especially after the recents shooting in the US. Barb wrote about it. I need not reprise it. We could see the massive response to the tragedy.


shots Oct. 28 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

On a walkabout, I checked out Maggie Magnolia. She has borne fruit!

I've been eyeing this little sumac. We are losing sumacs. I think, during periods of drought, they simply aren't getting enough water as they sit in rocky outcrops. That said, out the bathroom window I spotted a beautiful little sumac tree. I had to take off the screen to get a better photo. 


Here we are Monday morn. I have to get the garbage out. It snowed overnight. It begins.

14 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Bravo for being up high... and yikes, snow already... YAM xx

Olga said...

It is beginning to look like November on your blog. It makes those little pops of color more precious.

Anvilcloud said...

It's nice when we have sumacs after we have little other colour -- at least for awhile.

RedPat said...

The little sumac really stands out. Beautiful.

Jeanie said...

Well done on the eaves. I generally hire that done but my trees still haven't dropped so no point yet!

Divers and Sundry said...

Congrats on clean gutters! That fall color is beautiful.

It must be so disheartening to be in such a lovely place and be subjected to gunshot sounds interrupting nature :(

Cloudia said...

You are an amazing homeowner and caretaker of your land Jenn. Aloha!

Barbara Rogers said...

I've missed seeing sumacs this year. I vaguely remember them as early reds. We had very late color in our valley, with many leaves already fallen when others were just turning. Poor vegetation!

Nancy J said...

You are so brave to be up there on the roof and to even climb the ladder is beyond me, 2 rungs and I freeze!!! Snow, here there is a heavy rain warning for places further north of us, guess your winter is starting.

Elephant's Child said...

You are always so busy. And productive.
Love that sumac tree.

DeniseinVA said...

The scenes around your house are fabulous! Mountains of falling leaves I know. I enjoyed the cleaning the eaves videos too. A lot of hard work that must be. The gunshots would destroy any kind of peace. My sister-in-law and her husband are on the water and this time of the year there is non-stop duck hunting, and the sound of guns. She found herself calming a neighbor who wasn't aware when she bought her house and moved in this summer. Another very enjoyable post Jenn, thank you!

Kay said...

Your header photo is just amazing, Jenn! Wow! That's spooky to be so high up cleaning the eaves.

Jeanie said...

Let me just say this -- you are absolutely awesome!

William Kendall said...

Autumn gives way to the coming winter.