Monday 31 January 2022

Shopping, beavertails, deer and Henry

Your kind words are so encouraging! I have been very discouraged, with my lack of repair skills. It gets frustrating, especially working out in the cold. Joseph Brian is really good about fetching products from the store. I print off a screen capture of the item, aisle number, product identification. Once I sent him to the wrong store, having done my online research but failed to mention that. The poor man!

I cannot face going in to most stores. Last week he told me there was a screeching, screaming child, with a father laughing at the behaviour. JB told me he was glad I didn't go in! For me, both the teacher mode, and mother mode, kick in. 


The crazy 'freedumb protest' has been horrid in Ottawa. People are so upset with the attitudes and the behaviour of some bad actors. Some have left, but they aren't removing them, as the police are more worried about riots. I think they are worried about their own safety. The protestors honked all day and night, keeping engines running, spewing diesel fumes for the people who live and work downtown and intimidating anyone wearing a mask. I'd tow them tout de suite. No one can park there for three days at any other time. Just sayin'! 

Shepherds of Good Hope, a homeless shelter, had a staff member assaulted. A security guard went to help, and he faced racial slurs. They had to have the police tow vehicles as they were parked in their emergency spot. They faced verbal harassment, if they could get into work and volunteer. It was most upsetting for staff and clients.
 
Parliament begins today, it'll be interesting to see what happens. JB cannot watch. He just gets too angry. He's testified on The Hill, in front of a Senate Committee Transportation meeting. No fun.
⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸⛸

 That said, the kids went skating on the canal, and had beavertails. They aren't actually made from beavers, but they are more like sweet, flat donuts, with sugar on top, and a choice of toppings. Caitlin said the conditions were great, and there weren't any protesters there. 
🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌
The deer are out and about. I've since moved this trailcam. I love the young ones, as they get really fluffy. You Two deer  

   


Often, the deer follow my shoeshoe tracks, but Henry  chose otherwise!

 


I hope you aren't tired of the bunnies, there were two on either side of the snow bank! Cottontails sidewalk

 


 I'm having trouble with the positioning of this camera. It won't show me the cottontails. You can see the second camera in the snow on the far right. The bunnies aren't big enough, or are too fast to trigger the camera. Some cameras have a delay. The reason for this is so that a large game animal can get into the centre of the shot. deer in the dark  

 

I have a door that is leaking air. That is my project for today. 



14 comments:

Tom said...

...I worked outside for years, winter work was never fun.

Olga said...

Beaver Tails sound pretty good -- and somehow uniquely Canadian!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari om
I detested shopping even before Covid... thank heavens for ho e delivery! YAM xx

Barbara Rogers said...

Great animal shots. Good for you fixing the air leak!

Anvilcloud said...

As you know or will know if you're still catching up, I am not exactly a fan of the convoy.

Nancy J said...

Protests and riots, I sometimes wonder if they are paid for this!!! Down here, a heat wave.Yesterday 30C, today a predicted 29C, off to the grocery supermarket at 8 a.m. before the crowds gather!!! Jenn, you can do anything you set your mind too, remember Valentine's Day is coming up, do you need any more power tools? Warmer weather would be a huge bonus for any outdoor job right now.XXXX

RedPat said...

I will never tire of seeing the bunnies. I can't imagine having all those trucks outside my place for days.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I must live under a rock in my basement closet, because I haven't heard of this protest. But sadly, I don't really watch the news much, even my local news. I do, on the other hand, enjoy the bunnies and deer in the trail cam! That's news I can appreciate. And of course, I wish you luck with today's DIY project.

Cloudia said...

Foolishness is not just confined south of the border.eh? Wishing you all the best and a long view as things work themselves out. Enjoy your life and your blessings my friend

William Kendall said...

This protest has me in a really bad place. I feel like we're being held hostage downtown.

Mae Travels said...

The violent racist demonstrations in Ottowa look like a horrible parody of peaceful protests against actual abuses by governments. The unleashing of despicable individuals in both the US and Canada is very frightening to me. We used to say that the anti-education anti-science people were inconsistent because they gladly accepted medical advice, prevention measures, and remedies -- but now they don't even want to save their own health and lives.

Good luck with all your projects... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Red said...

It's sad that the idiots can take over a city like Ottawa and get away with it.

Jeanie said...

Being from down in Michigan, not one of the most enlightened places in the world, I have such a rose-colored glasses view of Canada, our dear neighbors to the north who seems so much more sensible than we are. So it's extra interesting to me to hear about the truck thing -- which does seem freedumb to the max. It's getting kind of creepy, what is happening in our country and in yours .

Linda said...

Love your 'freedumb' phrase