Sunday 16 January 2022

There's a storm comin!

Well, it's a tad chilly this morning! They are predicting a big storm for us for Monday. We've got gas in the snowblower, since they predict 30 - 40 cm (about a foot). It should begin tonight. I may or may not get the garbage out Monday morning. Sadly the kids are going back to school Monday, and they are predicting quite a bit of snow. It is far better than rain. Our flora and fauna need the snow cover in these temperatures.

I hope people stay safe and warm. We had power outages yesterday in Ontario. Could just be the cold.

Bird watching has been fun. It's the small things we can take pleasure in to keep us going. 

  I love these birds. We had 15 or so goldfinches in their winter colours. I missed this photo a few days ago, trying to be succinct (yes, not really good at that...), and noticed the one at the back was feeding the other. Spring is coming! Soon we'll have nests and babies!


I changed up the feeders and the cardinal prefers the tray feeder. It has a cover to prevent most of the precipitation on it. I managed a photo of the two of them in the chestnut tree (male and female) and they are a bright spot in my days.



My orchid is beginning to create another stem! Yippee!

I managed a photo of our bunnies in the dark. 


Cinnamon insisted on going outdoors. Crazy cat. It warmed up to -20 for him in the sunshine. What a boy! He's been sleeping curled up beside me, his head on my arm. It is cozy. 

🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝🍝

JB has been busy. I do the heavy stuff, he still has issues with his rotator cuff, his arm is bad, but he can do dishes and clean up.  He cleaned the stove. Then I made spaghetti sauce... Me bad. It is good to keep him busy! I've had the dropsies lately.



The trailcams have been critterless! They are wisely hunkering down in this cold. The fisher came by, marking his presence. I haven't seen one in ages. I bet food is getting scarce. Fisher from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

 

12 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Lovely shots of the Cardinals and the bunnies... hmmmm I haven't made pasta sauce in ages. Thanks for the prompt! YAM xx

Tom said...

...get your snowblower ready!

DeniseinVA said...

I always enjoy the variety you share Jenn. Stay safe and warm. Photos of the birds are darling, bunnies too. Video of the fisher is fascinating. Wish good healing for JB. Spaghetti sauce sounds good!

Phil Slade said...

I hope you don't get too much snow. On the other hand, I guess you are prepared for the worst. Unlike here when it snows!

Anvilcloud said...

It is warming up quite a bit this morning although it is still cold. I'm a bit worried about daughter driving to Perth tomorrow, and she'll probably try.

RedPat said...

Love the bunnies! I wonder where the birds hole up when it is so cold. The starlings are really out here today buzzing around in the sunshine.

Barbara Rogers said...

You have such a lot of critters, but that cat must have a screw loose to get out in the cold, even with sunshine! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I hope your orchid does end up blooming!

Gaelyn said...

OMG, that's COLD! Do you have a generator. Talking spring while waiting for snow, you have a great attitude. I miss Cardinals. Those bunnies look cold and your cat is crazy. Very cool to see the Fisher. Stay warm.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely variety of wildlife, specially the bunnies and the cardinals.

William Kendall said...

It is quite cold out there.

Jeanie said...

What IS it with the stove and spaghetti sauce? I don't know why it doesn't manage to stay in the pan! I do the same (and that's a reminder, I need to clean my stove today.)

Love the tray feeder and trying to figure out where I could put one in my yard. I hope you keep power over the storm. So far (and I say so far, because all is always subject to change) our winter isn't too bad. Now that I've said it, we're doomed!

Bindu said...

It is your job to keep JB busy, right?
Your trail cams are giving nice videos. Thank you