Saturday 1 January 2022

🎉Saturday's Critters

 

🎉Happy New Year! 

Let's hope for good things this year. I'm managing a cold, which ticks me off. I haven't been anywhere to get it. The only human I've talked to in closely, person is my JB. The dude who delivered propane was out in the front yard! 

I wish my faithful readers and friends and family all the best. Thank goodness for Facetime with the grandies! 

"Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things break, and all things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world waits in darkness for the light that is you." – L.R. Knost

What brings me joy is watching our critters. I hope they bring you joy, as well. I've since moved the trailcams, we'll see what else I find.

We've 3 black squirrels. I thought we only had 2! 3 black squirrels from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I've been watching deermice. There is bird seed on the deck, and they go after it. Someone on Facebook's Trailcam page were asking if trailcams could capture little critters, and we can! Trailcams were invented for hunters, and the ads creep me out, showing hunters with their dead as a door nail prizes. sigh.

2 bunnies and a deermouse from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


The bunnies really are a delight! They bounce around, with those large hind legs. jumping cotton tails from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


I managed a walk on Thursday, and I think these are starlings passing through. We haven't had any stragglers till now. They are motoring on through to warmer climes. No robins this year, either. starlings from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Nutmeg has still been happy with her train set. She thought the lights should be knocked off the table, though. Typical cat. Nutmeg and the light from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


For more critters: visit the ever faithful Eileen and her Saturday's Critters # 420.



14 comments:

Tom said...

...colds just happen, take care!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Cute video of Nutmeg playing with the light. I love the bunny too. I have not seen any bunnies lately. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a great day and a happy January! I wish you a happy and healthy New Year! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
The thing about traditional (old-fashioned?!) colds is that they are endemic to the person experiencing them. No other person involved. Usually a result of low immunity versus not protecting enough from the elements.

That said, Omicron presents like a traditional cold and can be passed by surface contacts the same as Alpa and Delta can be - so anything coming in from outside needs to be left for 48 hours and remember handwashing (something a lot of folk here are forgetting about - wash, wash, wash after touching anything and everything)!!!

...and always love your critter posts &*> HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

Happy New Year and Happy Critters to you.

Linda said...

Take care

RedPat said...

I always enjoy your critters too! Happy New Year!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that quote! I'm going to try to have a more positive outlook on life this year! Enjoy your weekend and these amazing critters! Happy new year!

Cloudia said...

Thank You, Lovely Jenn

Nancy J said...

Those bushy tails, the third one was a little elusive, then along came a smaller red one. The train and the lights, just made for feline entertainment, " Look at me Mum, I am just pretending to play with them" !!! . Take care, like all things, your cold will pass.Meantime rest lots, read, relax, then recover. XXX

William Kendall said...

Nutmeg is such a sweetie.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

All the very best to you and your family, Jenn. I hope that 2002 is good to you and perhaps we can finally put COVID behind us, or at least learn to live with it.

Karen said...

Oh boy, I thought I was coming down with something yesterday too! My daughters were in a panic. Last night I remembered to turn the humidifier on and feel 100% today.
I think we are going to move the trail camera tomorrow. All we're seeing at post #2 are blue jays and squirrels. Tomorrow we go deeper into the forest.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely to see the critters.
Hope your cold soon goes.
Happy New Year Wishes.

All the best Jan

NatureFootstep said...

thanks for sharing the videos. I love to watch squirrels, they are so fast it is almost impossible to capure them in camera.
Happy New Year!