Tuesday 11 January 2022

Walkies with Cinnamon

Two cats have been to the vet. They've been dewormed, as well. They lived a couple of months at the vet while the staff were looking for a home for them. (The ad, below, is from 2019.) I wonder if the cats recognize the place? 

 I shovelled the snow Friday, and then took them out to the car one-by-one, using two carriers. JB drove them in: ♪♫♬ laughing all the way! Nutmeg was biting the cage wire!

 Shots done, nails trimmed, biological systems checked out, dewormed, and they are good for another year. Until tick/flea season! Oh, yes. Cinnamon is overweight, but we knew that. He's a happy lad, though. And winter weather means he's inclined to come in and sleep after breakfast. I cannot blame him! It's been cold. Today, -24 C., with a high of -17C.!



๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿพ

This was so much fun! It was cold, and there was snow everywhere. He led me down the hill. 


Look at his paw tracks compared to the deer hooves!

Here he paused!  ๐Ÿ‘€

Little red squirrel tracks.

This tree came down in a storm years ago. The cats all like it. There were good smells, too!

I must look this up, but the cat tracks show him placing his rear paw in the front paw track. Different animals do this differently. He launched himself on the dock, stepped onto the ice, and had a blast. I wish I had ice skates!


He loves his wetland walkies. He takes the lead, and walked right onto the wetland ice. Cinnamon wetland walkies from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Come on, Cinnamon! He took his time. I called and called. Cinnamon walkies from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


He had a fine play on the pond. If you only have time to watch one, watch him run on the pond. It was much warmer that day! Cinnamon pond play from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


9 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Cinnamon just understands the need for extra insulation against all that weather!!! YAM xx

Tom said...

...we are white and wonderful this morning.

William Kendall said...

He likes being out and about.

RedPat said...

He will lose the weight when he is out walking around in the good weather. It is a day to stay in today!

Lowcarb team member said...

I enjoyed your photographs and video.
But goodness me -24 C., with a high of -17C.!!!!!!!!!

I'll send you over (virtually speaking) a nice warm bowl of soup :)
Stay safe and warm.

All the best Jan

Olga said...

That looked like a nice walk -- but way too cold for me!

Cloudia said...

I enjoyed this adventure in a winter wonderland with you and your companionable cat!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Happy New Year Jenn! I enjoyed catching up with your remarkable trail cam pictures, your darling kitties and the rest of your menagerie and it was great to see your grandgirls and find out that Josie shares your photography talents!

Kay said...

I see that the kitties love to get you to exercise a lot.