Tuesday 20 April 2021

Indoor and outdoor play

 Mondays always start with a bang. It's garbage day here. It's quite cool, as well (5 C.). We're expecting snow tomorrow! JB's gone out to do an early morning shop at 7:00. It's nice and quiet at that time.

Cinnamon and I spotted a doe and yearling on our way down to the frogpond.


Nutmeg was hanging out with Felix.

I moved the caterpillar downstairs, on the dolly, and brought the smaller one up. We'll call it Jenn's Folly!

I went ditch diving, again. The spots I've done have more garbage. So sad. I got another bag full, from a little further along. Only one surgical mask. I leave the wheelbarrow up top as I dive down below.

I felt all achy and sore this morning, and remembered what I'd done! (My arm is still somewhat sore from the Moderna jab.) I am going to have to go back when the ditches dry out some.  
The traffic was heavy, loud, and most driving too fast! One woman, on the passenger side, opened her window and yelled, "Thank you!"



My Lenten rose. I got all artsy, tried it with and without the flash, and put the camera on the ground.




I spent some time watching the summations of the US trial. I think, as a privileged white person, I can and must bear witness.  Some cannot watch, and I respect that. 
You were told that Mr. Floyd died because his heart was too big. And now, having seen all the evidence, you know the truth, and the truth of the matter is that the reason George Floyd is dead is because Mr. Chauvin’s heart was too small.”

Curling

Happily, JB's got curling to watch.  Homan gave birth three weeks ago, and is back playing and she won. 


Scotland beat Canada in the Grand Slam! Congratulations!!!

12 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You've probably poste them many times, but I just noticed your cat trees. They are pretty darn impressive.

Karen said...

I wish my back wasn't so messed up right now. there is so much trash along the highway back of us :(

William Kendall said...

Wonderful close ups of the flowers.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Yay Scotland!!! (Not that I am biased...) YAM xx

DUTA said...

Regarding used surgical masks found scattered around. I go out with a fresh mask but I don't dispose of it at the end of the day. I put it in a small paper bag (one of those for sandwiches sold at health stores)and keep it there for several days. Then I can reuse it at least one time more. I've read about this on the internet - the advice was given by a doctor in epidemiology, so it cannot be total nonsense.

Christine said...

Beautiful Lenten rose.

Tom said...

...you are so good to clean up after thoughtless people.

RedPat said...

You are so good to be out cleaning the ditch! Everyone should do their bit but they don't.

Nancy J said...

You are a trooper Jenn to clear out the roadside ditches. And how can any fit and young lady do all that? Maybe these days you have your baby, go home in a few hours or the next day, no resting like I had, 10 days was the norm in the 1960's.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Kudos to you on the ditch diving but I worry about your safety!!
I haven't watched the trial, maybe I should, but it just seems like murder to me. How one person can do that to another I just don't understand. Here in Tulsa we have had at least two cop killings of black people in the last several years. I'm tired of it.

Out To Pasture said...

I can only repeat what the lady passenger said. Thank you for the ditch diving, Jenn. Great shot of your Lenten rose. Love it's colour!

Kay said...

Your cat tree is so awesome! I can see why your kitty loves it.