Saturday 31 October 2020

School in a time of COVID – Thursday

 We're into our routines, now. We did forget showers Wednesday, oopsie. The new high-speed technology is working out well. Zoom takes a lot of bandwidth.

Isabelle had an art lesson, based on the angles curriculum in their math program.



We made it to Thursday dinner, which we usually order in. 


Deer tracks on the path, down to the meadow. I showed Josee on Friday.

Cinnamon brought in another tick. Grampa caught it on a piece of tape. They don't disappear until the temperature goes below 5 C. June 7th was when we put on their meds. It worked well.


The girls grabbed lunch from 11:00 to 11:45, the usual. I had the leftover lasagna!

I'd forgotten about these photos. Josephine knows where the trailcams are, and Papa does not. She lured him into the photos when they were here on the weekend!


I took some photos of our feeders. Josephine and I had spent many an hour birding all spring and summer. I rushed into the office, to see if she could pause and check out the evening grosbeaks. 
    "Can you pause? Look out the window, Jos!"
    "What am I looking at, Gramma?"
    "Evening Grosbeaks!"
    "There is nothing there!" Yep. They'd flown.









After school was done (3:30), Jos had homework. I thought the weather was turning, and I'd rather get there before the rain. Off we went. Pumpkins direct from the farm.



Back home, Isabelle asked Momma for permission to play Minecraft (she will do this remotely), while Josephine went back to schoolwork. Iz and I brought in wood, and moved the bed. All was well. Then, it was time for Minecraft and Border Security. 

Another great day.

14 comments:

RedPat said...

It is wonderful to see the Grosbeaks!

DUTA said...

Schooling sounds nice: zoom and all. Here it's not working so well. Sad situation, with children labelled as asymptomatic spreaders of the virus.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the Evening Grosbeaks, some were being seen here in Maryland this past week. They missed my yard, I am sad. Your photos are great.
Have a happy weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello Jenn,
I Thought I left a comment? I do love your Evening Grosbeaks. They are beautiful birds. Cute shots of the kiddies and pumpkins. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your day and weekend! PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Tom said...

...I'm glad that we don't need to count ticks!!!

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

I feel bad for the youngsters, dealing with COVID. Our internet has slowed to a crawl some days. The Evening Grosbeaks remind me of my first sighting of a small flock as a kid in New Jersey. It was in late August and they were rarely seen any time of year. None of the experienced adults would believe me, but the visual memory of the event is seared in my brain.

Nancy J said...

Those pumpkin colours are so deep, will you make soup? Roast them or are they for decoration and FUN??? School, you have it all finely tuned and running so well.XXX

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those Grosbeaks are so colorful and beautiful! Amazing! Love seeing your pumpkins and what the kids are up to. The art looks like it's really coming along! Happy weekend!

Christine said...

Glad the kids are doing well with the online schooling.

Anu said...

Hello. There are a lot of birds at the feeding place. They are beautiful birds. Great photos.
Take care.

Kay said...

I'm so glad the girls are dealing well with online learning. You guys are wonderful grandparents.

Lowcarb team member said...

The Grosbeaks are nice and colourful.
Love the pumpkins.

Happy November Wishes.

All the best Jan

Rain said...

Jenn, reading your tick count gave me the willies lol...the best photo is the last one of your little one cuddling on the couch under covers!!!

Yvonne said...

How wonderful to have photos of evening grosbeak! We actually have a tick here that stays active all winter unless the temps are near freezing, so I have to keep our dog treated for ticks year round which is a bummer.