Friday 5 April 2019

Trip to Code Dr. 3

Back to our March 26th adventure:

Home => Carleton Place =>  north to Appleton (at the top of the map) south through Franktown then => Code Dr..

We kept on going, looking for open water.
 
Some of the fields are opening up.

This looked so sad or poignant!

It's strange seeing the geese in the water on the fields.


OK, funny story. We passed the Park 'N Ride in Franktown. I think the people in the cranberry-coloured truck were necking! The back window was open, and heads were together. I could be wrong...It gave me a good giggle.

I wish we had the cash to do this. Solar power is important.


Code Dr.

OK, the dam, where the water flows. We were there March 18, and it was quite frozen. I like the sound of the water flowing. The culvert heads downstream, to where there is a beaver dam. We drove and parked near the dam.


Looking back towards the culvert, where the fast water has thawed. The road is in the background.


I could hear the geese honking across the way. I couldn't see them.


Hubby nudged me, and I found a veritable feast on this side of the dam. A pair of mallards.



Two Canada Geese, the one looked like it was sleeping. That's what we'll go with. They were below the dam. 
Canada Geese from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I was watching the mallards, when I noticed a pair of mergansers.

Ducks from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

6 comments:

Christine said...

The Canada geese have been displaced in our area due to new construction.

Olga said...

Spring is slowly creeping in. The mallard sighting was a real treat.

Anvilcloud said...

Never been on Code. Looks worthwhile.

Nancy J said...

Flowing water with snow still lingering. And those solar panels,Wow, wonder how much power they generate? Enough for the whole home?

RedPat said...

I would love to have solar panels too but they are so pricey!

William Kendall said...

The mallards are a welcome sight to see.