Thursday 4 April 2019

The grandies were here!

I was so happy to see them Saturday. They went south for March break. The older they get, the more they have to do: sports, music, birthday parties.

Caitlin and I planned by text.
I feel like a grown up with the new phone!


I created a perfectly respectable spaghetti sauce, with added onions, red and yellow peppers. My SIL chopped the peppers for me. (He's a good cook!)

Josee and Caitlin were assembling Lego. You see, someone in their car had to pee just as they were passing the big Lego store on their way here! Isabelle thought she might as well have a pee, too. Lo, and behold, when they came out of the store to rejoin Caitlin in the car, they both had a parcel.

Josephine had some Christmas money, but Isabelle got a solar powered rhinoceros beetle.
It was tricky to assemble



I thought this was a catalogue (below left), but it is the manual for the Lego construction. It's complicated. Josee had a blast.


In the afternoon we watched Aquaman on PPV, as we had 20 mm rain on Saturday. There was another 22 mm on Sunday. I thought that fitting. It was simply pouring cats and dogs all day.


Sunday morning they figured out the TV and were into a movie.


Josephine did what she always does with Caitlin's smartphone, but used mine! She is growing up, nearly as tall as I am. She's in grade 6. While Caitlin drives, Josee can send me a message saying they are on their way, for example.


Izzy and I went out to fetch SD cards from the cameras. We talked to the turkeys.


We examined the tracks in the snow, on the way down to the meadow. It was a wonderful walk.


The frog pond embraced all that rain.


Down there, we noticed the pileated woodpecker had been busy. I've set the 2nd trailcam up and I might have more on it later.


Isabelle's class went to Macskimming Science school last week. (I was a student teacher there in 1982.) They are comfortable in the woods. They all walked with sticks this way.


Isabelle, down on the meadow on her way back up to the house.


Lots of turkeys on the trailcam!!!

They brought me a new hat from Florida!


You can tell they were here!

What was fun... when I went back the next day, seeing Izzy's boot prints in the snow. It was Monday, and they were back in school.

Tuesday, on my way through Lombardy...  The lakes are not open. It was a surprise. She was beside a creek.

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a fun time with the grandchildren. Love the turkeys and the the GB Heron. Wonderful photos and videos. Wishing you a happy day!

Anvilcloud said...

Gotta luv the lumberjack pjs.

Christine said...

Wonderful times with the grandkids!

William Kendall said...

The kids are definitely growing up.

Karen said...

Great times with the grands! I was so happy to spend two weekends with my two grandsons in Toronto. I think they are the same ages as your girls. (10 and 12) The eldest is going to be a teenager soon. Where did the time go?

Elizabeth Edwards said...

love your header - those ducks in flight. so pretty. ( :

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my goodness! What a fun time all the way around.

DeniseinVA said...

Looks like a great time with the grands and interesting sights around. Enjoyed the photos and videos very much.

DUTA said...

The new hat - a beautiful gift! Picture 22 is great- you wearing the hat, red boots, and in a special photographic position with one of the girls.